Assist in selling of fuel, lubricants and accessories at a self-service station to operators of automobiles, buses, trucks, and other automotive vehicles.
- Allows customers to fill fuel tanks
- Collect monies for purchases
- Prepares reports of items sold
- Assist Fuel Tank Driver in the delivery of fuel products safely and promptly
- Drive truck into position to load at filling rack
- Open valves or start pumps to fill tank. Read gauges or meters and record quantity loaded.
- Connect hose to tank and open valves. Record amount delivered and issue ticket to customer. Attach ground wire to truck
- Accomplish necessary task stated in NSB Contract for fuel division.
- Climb fuel storage tanks to take measurements of holding tank
- Set up and maintain job site safety equipment and fire extinguishers as required.
- Perform daily tasks in a safe and workman like manner in accordance with company policies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education/Knowledge and/or Experience:
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 6 months of related experience preferred
- 40 Hour Hazardous Waste Operations (HazWoper)
- Excellent mathematics
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions
Hazardous Waste Operations (HazWoper)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; operate vehicles and office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 80 pounds for 50 feet. Job requires the ability to perform task on all areas and aspects of construction project.
Work location is in rural Alaska and may include exposure to extreme temperatures. Work is regularly performed indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including snow, rain, sleet, extreme winds, or ice storms. Work may be performed near moving mechanical parts and/or vibration. May be required to work in areas where high noise hazards prevail. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles or electrical shock hazards.
Olgoonik - 13 months ago