The Internet Sales & Operations Consultant will play the role of a subject matter expert while creating, maintaining, and managing national campaign and device launches of new products and services pages on verizonwireless.com. The ideal candidate has advanced design and development background with attention to detail, adaptable to change and tight deadlines, and is focused on quality. The position will work closely with various HQ marketing & I.T. organizations and creative design agencies to support initiatives and ensure program success.
Website is “open for business” 24x7/365; on-call coverage with cell phone availability is required. The candidate must be willing to work extra and/or flexible hours to meet project deadlines. Available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed for support of specific project, product, process, or system launches.
- Oversee development of communications to persuade and influence target audience.
- Oversee creation, implementation, and web standards in the development of all project related sites.
- Participate in the development of and execution overall project plan setting direction based on timelines and deliverables to support business objectives.
- Identify risks and benefits of alternative solutions, and take action on the best solution within established guidelines.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of web development and debugging tools.
- Manage and coordinate test activities for assigned applications.
- Identify and resolve problems related to applications utilizing diagnostic tools.
- Develop group or department standards with consideration of graphic design.
- Provide input to the technical lead and architect on developing page designs/templates.
- Communicate with the project team throughout all stages of design ensuring projects meet deadlines and are within necessary requirements.
- Work on multiple project timelines simultaneously in a demanding deadline driven environment.
- Test all products, pricing, and promotion/offer launches.
- Review, analyze, and suggest/implement changes based on user feedback via OpinionLabs /Foresee.
- Collaborate with I.T. to develop plans for publishing content.
- Recommend future design updates based on page templates provided and inbound content requests.
- Develop exceptional relationship with co-workers, management and customers.
************MUST CURRENTLY BE A CONTRACTOR IN THE VZW ISO ORGANIZATION TO APPLY**********
Equal Employment Opportunity
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in web design/content management preferred.
- Proficiency in web authorizing tools preferred – Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, and other software deemed necessary as new media progresses.
- Strong usability/optimization skills to review traffic/conversion/sales report and identify areas for opportunity.
- 5+ years Verizon Wireless sales, operations and/or marketing experience; e-commerce / internet sales experience preferred.
- Preferred knowledge of Adobe CQ5, Site Catalyst, and Test & Target.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and leadership skills required.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and multiple/simultaneous, highly complex, cross-functional projects/initiatives.
- Highly responsive and proactive, supporting leaders and team.
- Proven ability to work and interact with multiple stakeholder groups and agencies/vendors.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and under pressure of very stringent deadlines.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint high proficiency required).
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills, including the ability to create sophisticated design solutions to complex problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...