The Maintenance Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and maintains a working relationship with all Property Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems.
· Operates, maintains and logs all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of their supervisor.
· Complete tenant service requests and develops and maintains positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
· Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the supervisors.
and equipment rooms.
- Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
- Record electrical meter readings and provide them to the chief engineer or property manager.
- Cleans and paints all equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment
- Assists in the ordering of stock and inventory of parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintains professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
- Perform snow removal as needed.
- Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisors.
- Make required repairs to all building systems.
- Maintain a daily, written log book detailing the events of the day, the plant operation and any issues that arise.
· 3+ years of direct experience in the management of mechanical, electrical and plumbing operations for commercial office buildings.
· Strong hands-on refrigeration/HVAC troubleshooting experience mandatory.
· Individual should have experience in all aspects of mechanical, electrical, life/safety and plumbing operations in commercial office buildings.
· Must have experience with Preventive Maintenance and work order systems.
· Oversee and supervise service providers.
· Experience with computerized building management systems.
· Universal HCFC Certification.
· Refrigeration or Electrical License.
· Must have strong customer service skills working with tenants and clients.
· Must be flexible with working overtime as needed.
CommonWealth REIT - 2 years ago
CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH) is a real estate investment trust, or REIT, which primarily owns office buildings located throughout the...