POSITION PURPOSE: This position will play a subject matter expert storage and backup role during migration planning, solution execution and release to operations project phases. Position requires strong hands on experience on Storage Data Center migrations with preferred knowledge on Netapp, EMC, HDS and IBM technologies. This role must have strong hands on experience with most important backup and restore technologies such as NetApp Snap backup, Snap Drive, Snap Mirror, Snap Vault and Snap Manager; as well as NetBackup and OSSV using traditional tape library solutions. The Storage Engineer position requires a vast storage architectural skill sets and is required to interface with presales areas, technical solution teams and other service lines (such as Wintel, Unix, Database) to design and deploy reliable enterprise level server infrastructure solutions. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and architect storage and switch solutions based on client needs, experience and best practices.
- Responsible for the deployment and installation of storage subsystems and SAN switches from all enterprise vendors.
- Design, deploy, configure, and maintain SAN switches including Brocade, Cisco and Qlogic.
- Design, deploy, configure and maintain EMC Data Domain Deduplication Storage Systems.
- Design, deploy and configure Storage and NAS devices such as EMC, IBM, NetApp, SUN, LSI and HP.
- Architect, design and deploy backup/restore solutions utilizing EMC Centera, NetApp Data OnTAP, Snap backup technologies such as Snap Drive, Snap Mirror, Snap Vault, Snap Manager as well as NetBackup and OSSV using traditional tape library solutions.
- Implement all native storage management software tools including EMC ECC and Storage Scope, IBM Storage Manager and Network Appliance Operations Manager
- System tuning and capacity planning activities geared towards meeting specified service levels
- Design, architect and perform data migration solutions across diverse storage platforms.
- Consult, perform and/or assist with data migrations including host based and storage based solutions.
- Assist on release to operational activities
- Create any necessary operational backup process and procedures.
- Utilize expertise with a variety of operating systems including Linux (Suse/Redhat), Solaris, HP-UX, Windows and VMWare with primary depth of expertise in Linux and Solaris.
- Interface closely with clients and other support personnel.
- Integration of new hardware devices with defined customer security procedures
- Adhere to corporate ITIL processes, such as change, incident and problem management principles
- Responsible to successfully manage customer relationships, uncover needs and provide solutions support.
- Expected to maintaining vendor relationships and stay abreast of best practices and new technologies
- Expected to effectively interface with local and remote team members.
- Support of environments for testing, quality assurance and production OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Self managed resource that can effectively interface with service delivery, operations management and other service lines to produce, deploy and administer enterprise level server solutions.
- Regular, predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- More than 5 years of experience deploying and installing enterprise storage, including NetApp, HDs, EMC, NetApp, HP and IBM.
- Experience with enterprise level, multiple customer tape library solutions, with emphasis on IBM.
- Knowledge of backup/restore solution development with focus on RTO/RPO (restore time objectives/restore point objective) and DR requirements.
- Competency in SAN\NAS storage across multiple vendors.
- Experience with SUN Solaris (2.6 – Solaris 10), Linux Suse/Redhat and Windows operating systems in relation to storage technologies
- Experience with SCSI, NAS, iSCSI and fiber channel devices
- Experience with storage and server data migration in a diverse storage platform landscape.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues in a timely and efficient manor with little management intervention.
- This position requires the ability to manage multiple customers and projects at one time.
- Experience performing problem determination and resolution in complex mixed vendor server environments.
- Able to discuss application storage layout requirements.
- Experience in Oracle DB and/or SAP Experience is a big plus
- VMware experience is a plus
- ITIL experience is a plus EDUCATION:
- BS Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
T-Systems North America, Inc.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) connects people and markets worldwide! Deutsche Telekom is one of the leading international companies in ICT. With round about 235.000 employees in 50 countries, we provide innovative solutions to our clients. T-Systems is one of the three successful brands of Deutsche Telekom. We serve large customers and multinational companies through our global infrastructure of data centers and networks. With the help of innovative technology we develop integrated solutions for connected life and work. Let us together shape the world of tomorrow!
- 2 years ago - save job