Coordinate and support global Demand Forecasting process improvement efforts across all businesses and all regions. Primary responsibility for filling the Global Super User role of the Product Demand and Positions (PDP) project for all regions across the row crops, crop protection and vegetables business. The role will require extensive training in the Steelwedge S&OP tool to support enhancements and configuration needs across 8 regions in the following business process and system areas:
· Demand Planning – Capturing, reporting and consensus process for demand forecasting/planning
· New Product Launch Planning – Demand planning for new product introductions and product exits using cross-functional forecasting, life-cycle modeling and heuristics
· Statistical Forecasting – Utilization of systems and other tools to project future product level demand based on historical data and heuristics
· Product Allocation – Combining sales forecasting information and product inventory availability to identify mismatches and drive trade-off decisions based on profitability, strategic opportunity and other factors
· Supporting the documentation/mapping of current and future state processes, key decisions, RACI, timelines, etc.
Activities expected within these efforts include:
Supporting and developing global, cross-functional teams focused on delivering results that benefit supply chain efficiency, cost and customer service – specifically focused on demand planning and allocation management. Gathering and analyzing required information from leadership to support key initiatives and coordinate work – with a primary focus on PDP. Leading continuous improvement efforts and specific projects that optimize supply chain processes. Defining and building processes/tools/systems that provide value-add to business activities.
Minimum bachelor degree (or equivalent) and 2+ years experience in supply chain or planning/inventory management with MBA preferred. Analytical skills including basic statistical methods and extensive spreadsheet (Excel) experience. Foresight for current and future business needs to proactively respond with effective solutions. Ability to work across multiple cultures in both team & self-led initiatives. Objective analytical skills to define strategic alternatives and deliver business value. Self-directed work skills focused on continuous improvement required. Excellent communication and listening skills are a necessary prerequisite. Results oriented with strong problem-solving skills. Influential leadership skills support role success.
Monsanto - 10 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...