As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
The Senior Engineer position will function as the Technical Expert/Functional Expert for Server.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems/software engineering experience.
? Configuration, tuning, testing and advanced level troubleshooting and support of virtualization products such as VMware, Xen, and Solaris containers
? Configuration, tuning, testing, and advanced level troubleshooting and support high performance filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, VXFS, LUSTRE
? Configuration, tuning, testing and advanced level troubleshooting and support of distributed computing tools such as NQS, RFS and LSF
? Configuration, tuning, testing, and advanced level troubleshooting and support of Red Hat, SuSe, and Solaris Operating Systems
? Advanced level troubleshooting of core infrastructure services such as DNS, Centrify, AD, NIS, NFS, CIFS
? Advise Government, and plan for next generation server and services infrastructure based on advanced research and test initiatives
? Possess a valid RHCE certification
? Possess a valid VCP certification
Installation, configuration, tuning, and support of:
? Servers running Sparc Solaris, SolarisX64, Red Hat, and SuSe, with direct attached and FC SAN storage
? Client server technology utilizing NFS and CIFS
? Large memory SMP systems with many cores
? Enterprise client server configurations
? Multi-vendor filesystems such as XFS, GPFS, and VXFS
? Fielded systems
? Blade systems and associated interconnects (SAD, FC, TCP/IP, etc.)
? Red Hat and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
? Microsoft Exchange
? Infrastructure support services such as DNS, NIS, Active Directory, Centrify, Zenoss, SiteScope, HP Openview, HPSA, HPSE, Splunk, Sendmail, Exchange, NetQoS, Infoblox
? Thin client solutions based on Virtual bridges and Citrix
? NoMachine NX
? Virtualization products; VMware and Solaris containers
? Possess a valid RHCSA certification
Active and current TS/SCI Polygraph Security clearance required.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT),...