If you are a person who enjoys a challenge in a dynamic environment, SunAmerica Financial Group has a newly-created, high-profile position at one of the largest life insurance and retirement services companies in the United States. SunAmerica Financial Group (as part of AIG) is expected to become supervised by the Federal Reserve in the near term and must prepare for changes in its operating environment. These changes will enable SAFG to demonstrate that its governance and management practices are rigorous, transparent and tailored to help efficiently manage our business, while meeting regulatory requirements and supervisory expectations worldwide.
As the Compliance Project Manager you will work cohesively with the broader SAFG senior management team to establish strategies and tactical approaches to ensure adequate documentation and controls structure to meet the regulatory requirements of the Federal Reserve. You will manage the day-to-day execution of the Federal Reserve Supervision Preparation effort and support the overall program. In addition, this position will interface with the AIG team in NY to ensure consistency in approach across the AIG companies.
SAFG’s preparation for expected regulation on a consolidated basis by the Federal Reserve will be coordinated by the Financial Controls Team. This position will report to the Assoc. Director of Financial Controls.
This position will work with SAFG management to:
- Facilitate education on the Dodd-Frank Act and expectations and requirements of Federal Reserve supervision and regulation.
- Guide and participate in implementation of program of work to address areas for improvement identified through assessment of existing structure, controls, operations and practices against regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Develop a thorough understanding of how preparation for the Federal Reserve Supervision program integrates into other projects; facilitate management of interdependencies and linkages between projects.
- Evaluate remediation plans to close gaps and ensure comprehensive understanding of interdependencies and prioritization of actions.
- Provide line-of-sight into status of business unit, corporate function and critical initiatives and regularly provide structured status reports to the Federal Reserve Supervision Preparation PMO.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- Knowledge and familiarity with regulatory, compliance and risk subject areas.
- Ability to interact with all levels of company staff, influence senior managers and equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts.
- Advanced project management, meeting facilitation, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Leadership skills, with a proven ability to work across and navigate within an organization.
- Information technology and/or operations and systems expertise.
- Experience in Communication & Change management.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or Finance is highly desirable.
Chartis - 9 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight for stag...