Performs all functions necessary to daily operation of the department; inventory control, ensure maintenance of back room and floor, train and support Specialty Team Members, and has desire to move into a leadership position.
- Consistently, communicate and model Whole Foods vision and goal. Assist in the interview, selection, training, development, and counseling of Team Members in a manner, which builds and sustains a high performing team and minimizes turn over. Discuss hiring and termination decisions with guidance of Specialty Team Leader, Store Team
- Leader and Coordinator. Establish and maintain a positive work environment.
- Manage inventory to achieve targeted gross profit margin. Manage the ordering process to meet Whole Foods Market quality standards, maintain competitive pricing and achieve targeted sales
- Develop and maintain creative store layout and product merchandising in support of regional and national vision
- Establish and maintain collaborative and productive working relationship with Team Leader, STL, Regional Team, Team Leaders, and all Team Members. Model and cultivate effective inter-department and inter-store communication.
- Provide accurate, complete information in daily, weekly, monthly, annual and “ad hoc” management reports.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of, and ensure compliance with relevant regulatory rules and standards.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- At least two (2) years of retail or restaurant leadership/management experience. Grocery industry preferred. Typical transferable titles include: General Manager, Assistant General Manager, Department Head, or Sommelier.
- Passionate about Whole Foods Market's mission, vision and values. Takes pride in work and embraces an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A proactive approach to leadership and team member development
- Excellent management skills with experience running smooth and successful operations.
- Comprehensive product knowledge with the willingness to share customers and team members alike.
- Must love food! A passion for gourmet cheeses, artisan beer, fine wines, and providing the highest quality products possible.
- Ability and/or capacity to make suggestions regarding food and beverage pairings, discuss flavor and or vintage profiles, and cheese/wine/beer styles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to coach, train, and mentor.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving abilities. Proficient mathematical skills to calculate margin, monitor profitability, and manage inventory.
- Business acumen; general knowledge of Profit and Loss (P&L) and/or other financial statements.
- Sound decision-making and leadership skills.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
At Whole Foods Market, we empower our Team Members to make their own decisions, thus creating an environment where people are treated with respect and are highly motivated to excel. We mentor Team Members through education and on-the-job experience. As a result, we are able to fill a majority of leadership roles from our existing Team Member base. We also recognize that there are individuals with talent outside of Whole Foods Market, and have training programs to bring those new leaders into the company.
Our Team Members represent over 50 different nations. We are people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives, yet all work together to meet the needs of our customers.
We offer great benefits beginning with a full complement of medical and other traditional group health plan coverage, 401k plan, and a 20% discount at our stores. To learn more, apply your passion today.
Whole Foods Market - 13 months ago
Whole Foods Market owns and operates a chain of natural and organic foods supermarket. As of September 30, 2008, the Company operated 275...