Provide hardware, server and application support for the Central Refill Pharmacy, a highly automated environment. Desktop support, handheld computers, and printer support experience needed to perform the duties of this position. Provide SUSE Unix server support, performing basic maintenance tasks, monitoring, backups, and troubleshooting.
Additional Position Details:
- Support a robust Microsoft based network running NT/2000/2008 and Exchange.
- Server, PC, MAC and Laptop expertise needed to perform the duties of this position.
- Monitor daily activity. Assist with purchase orders for hardware and software procurement & other administrative duties. Install and maintain network hardware and software. Troubleshoot network usage and computer peripherals.
- Install new users. Install new applications. Perform system backups and data recovery. Resolve network communication problems independently.
- Assist with PC installation, maintenance, E-mail administration, disk capacity monitoring and network security.
- High School diploma or 2 years of additional work related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience of Workstation Support / Desktop Support (Tier Level 2 or 3).
- Hardware and software troubleshooting. Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with clients and vendors.
- Knowledge of systems software to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Practical problem solving skills and solid trouble shooting skills a must.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Possess excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with other people in a team oriented environment.
- Ability to install/deploy Windows based computers.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to set priorities and be flexible in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to train end users.
- Weekend work may be required.
- BS in Computer Science, IS or equivalent experience.
Kaiser Permanente - 17 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...