In this role, you will perform a variety of engineering work in the Telecommunications Department. You will be designing, planning, constructing, operating and maintaining structures, facilities, systems, equipment, machinery and components used in generation, transmission, distribution, and utilization of energy for domestic, commercial, residential and industrial consumption.
This position may be filled at a higher level depending on candidates experience.
- Performs work on a variety of assignments of moderate scope and complexity using established procedures under limited supervision.
- Develops an awareness of customer needs and expectations and propose solutions for moderately complex issues. Participates in the identification and solution of problems falling within assigned area of responsibility with guidance from supervisor.
- Applies governmental and organizational engineering standards.
- Interprets policy and exercises discretion and independent judgment in resolving moderately complex problems.
- Demonstrates the development of critical thinking skills necessary to develop recommendations which provide technically sound and the most cost effective solutions applied to a specific problem.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with the customer to develop an acceptable scope document, budget and schedule for assigned work in order to complete assignments on time and within budget.
- Makes low risk decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge with proper sign off from customer and minimal guidance form supervisor.
- Participates and makes positive, supportive contributions on teams as assigned.
- May provide guidance to less experienced staff members. Has established effective working relationships with employees, contractors, customers, functional groups and peers. Communicates with vendors, field construction, operations personnel, and internal stakeholders. Documents project activities and decisions for future reference.
- Ability to travel up to 30% for site visits.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of two to five years technical and/or professional experience in Engineering.
- Hands on and practical knowledge of one or more of the following: Integration and support of telecommunication engineering concepts, fundamentals, and theory for RF propagation, SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) RTU communications, microwave networks, channel bank operation, site grounding, two-way radio systems, point to point and point to multi-point microwave systems and radios, single mode and multi-mode fiber systems, and DC battery systems and grounding / Polyphaser / GFI calculations
- SCADA Support required.
- Radio Frequency experience required.
- Ability to work on an on call rotation.
- Project management training/experience preferred.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Alliant Energy is reliant on its business model of delivering regulated and non regulated electric and natural gas services to homes,...