Aker Solutions provides oilfield products, systems and services for customers in the oil and gas industry world-wide. The company's knowledge and technologies span from reservoir to production and through the life of a field. Aker Solutions brings together engineering and technologies for oil and gas drilling, field development and production. The company employs approximately 25 000 people in more than 30 countries. They apply the knowledge and create and use technologies that deliver their customers' solutions.
We are looking for individuals who are prepared to take a position. Not only a position within Aker Solutions, but also a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future
Aker Solutions Angola (ASA) is established for the purpose of creating value for clients and owners by providing superior customer service to Angolan sector operators within the oil and gas industry. Superior customer service will be achieved through continual improvement, leadership involvement, demonstration of initiative, proactive anticipation of client demands, diligent attention to detail, and an effective HSE program designed to identify, report, and prevent unwanted conditions. ASA shall be a good corporate citizen acting in line with the interests of the Angolan Authorities and the general public. We need experienced engineers who can strengthen our team and support our ambitious growth plans within the subsea market. We are looking for a Support Engineer:
Responsibilities and tasks
- Prepare the technical content of fixed-price proposals, budget proposals and studies, including clarification of technical proposals.
- Ensure that each technical area of the project is communicated adequately to guarantee the project’s timely implementation.
- Ensure that all changes made during subsequent phases of the project are appropriately reviewed and monitored.
- Review the technical requirements of tenders in his/her specific area and suggest the best technical solution.
- Prepare the technical proposal for inclusion in the tender.
- Formulate clarification requests on client proposals.
- Implement and manage projects received by the department.
- Assist the line manager, take charge of project design and ensure that what is being built corresponds to what has been planned.
- Assist his/her superiors in ensuring that the design and technical specification of proposals are followed during project execution.
- Assess changes to the system design during project execution.
- Ensure that the execution model is used correctly in proposals and studies.
- Participate in the design process, safety assessments, HAZOP and HAZID studies, risk assessments, etc., as needed.
- Act as a mentor to project engineers in technical aspects of their daily work.
- Answer technical questions raised by customers.
Qualifications & personal attributes
- Participate in Q&A sessions to answer technical questions asked by customers.
- Represent the company at seminars and conferences.
- Represent the company to customers.
- University degree (Licenciatura) in Engineering.
- 5 to 10 years’ work experience.
- Fluent in Portuguese and English.
- User-level IT skills.
- Good knowledge of customer service and support practices and services.
Attitudes and Behaviours:
- Very good knowledge of occupational health and safety.
- Very good knowledge and experience in operations management.
- Very good knowledge of logistics.
- Very good knowledge of the materials and equipment used.
- Experience in scheduling and monitoring tasks.
- Ethics and professionalism.
- Personal discipline.
- Very good capacity for interpersonal relationships.
- Proactive attitude toward anticipating problems and taking the appropriate preventive measures.
- Autonomy and initiative.
- Flexible and able to cooperate.
- Organisation and time management.
- Able to organise and manage the work of others.
- Able to organise and manage both physical environment and human resources.
Rotational 28/28 position; 12 hours per day including Saturday and Sunday (7 days a week)
- Friendly colleagues in an industry with a bright future
- An environment where you are encouraged to develop your skills and share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Competitive benefits and strong focus on work-life balance
Aker Solutions is a leading global provider of engineering and construction services, technology products and integrated solutions. The...