Req ID : 111461
Responsible for developing supplier procurement strategies for complex manufacturing that will ensure the optimization of Siemens' competitive position with regard to gas turbine product cost. The strategic group determines the long-range direction for procurement activities for industrial gas turbine components.
Specifc responsibilities include:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Market analysis, global sourcing, cost development, optimization of suppliers' manufacturing techniques and negotiations of long-term agreements.
- Implement and maintain Long Term Agreements, including price negotiations, terms & conditions and performance criteria associated with supplier capabilities.
- Coordinate with Logistics Supply Management to jointly plan long-term needs for the supply of complex machined gas turbine components in accordance to the required suppliers' capacity and capabilities.
- 8 years of progressive experience in a global manufacturing environment for complex engineered equipment
- Experience using SAP for procurement or materials management.
- Experience with ISO.
- Technical skills including blueprint interpretation and extensive experience in modern manufacturing technologies. (including LEAN, VSM OR VAP).
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management with Stakeholders, Customers and Vendors.
- Ability to analyze material cost breakdowns and assess their accuracy.
- Well developed communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express technical information ( or data) to non technical associates, peers and management.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups.
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for muliple projects or assignments.
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward.
- Excellent writing, presentation meeting facilitation skills.
Job News - 2 years ago
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...