Work 30 hours a week, r eceive full-time benefits, and enjoy 3-day weekends most of the time!
La Crosse County Board Chairperson seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant to provide specialized, confidential secretarial and administrative support to the Board Chair and the County Administrator. A well-organized individual who can prioritize multiple tasks while taking direction from varied sources will excel in this position.
Hours of Work: Usual schedule will be Tuesday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with a 1-hr unpaid lunch period. This is a total of 30 hours per week. Hours will need to be flexible to accommodate for evening meetings which may go to 10:00 or 11:00pm once or twice a month, and a monthly morning meeting starting at 7:30am. Although this is not a full-time work schedule, the insurance benefits offered for this position are equivalent to that of a full-time position.
To Be a Successful Applicant: 1-Provide a ten-year work history. Explain gaps in employment. 2-Include reasons for leaving each job. 3-Fill out all fields on the application, including address and phone numbers of previous employers.
Essential Job Functions:
For a complete list of duties and qualifications, please see job description on our website. Serves as receptionist and schedules appointments for the Board Chairperson. Answers inquiries of patrons and refers them to proper authority when necessary. Takes non-verbatim minutes for County Board activities and committee meetings as assigned using hand notes and specialized recording devices. Records motions and roll call votes accurately. Types correspondence and reports and performs other clerical duties as necessary or directed for the County Board Chair and County Administrator. Drafts correspondence and prepares reports from general instructions. Prepares confidential personnel and collective bargaining information relating to management interests. Prepares public meeting notices and agendas, and copies and assembles packets as directed. Sets up and maintains filing and record-keeping systems under general guidelines. Prepares travel authorizations and makes hotel, car rental and other travel arrangements for County Board members. Prepares voucher requests for payment of bills.
Training, Experience and Other Requirements:
- Associate Degree in Administrative Assistant, Office Computer Specialist or other office clerical course.
- Five years of office experience, two years of which were at the administrative level.
- Preference for experience recording and preparing meeting minutes.
- Will consider other equivalent combination of training and experience.
- High level of interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and clerical abilities.
- Proficiency in MS Word and MS Outlook Scheduler.
- Must be a team player.
- Availability for evening meetings which may go to 10:00 or 11:00pm, and monthly morning meeting starting at 7:30am.
- Typing speed of 55wpm minimum with accuracy - finalists will be tested!
La Crosse County, WI - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard