FHI 360 is a global development organization with a rigorous, evidence-based approach. Our professional staff includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research. FHI 360 operates from 60 offices with 4,400 staff in the U.S. and around the world. Our commitment to partnerships at every level and our multidisciplinary approach enable us to have a lasting impact on the individuals, communities and countries we serve–improving lives for millions. FHI 360’s Civil Society and Peacebuilding Department (CSPD) supports citizens to mobilize effectively to influence policy, improve lives, and build peace.
FHI 360 is currently seeking a Youth Development Specialist for the anticipated USAID-funded Community Empowerment and Transformation Project II in Jamaica which will aim to increase peace and security by reducing crime and corruption. The Youth Development Specialist will play a lead role in the design and implementation of the program’s youth development and participation activities. He/she shall interact with, and build the capacity of, government officials, donors, and other key civil society and community stakeholders engaged in youth development. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing the design of the program’s youth development plan;
- Managing data collection, training, and supervising youth development activities of program staff and sub-contractors;
- Providing technical assistance to NGOs and local partners to strengthen their organizational and technical capacity in areas related to youth programming;
- Contributing to written performance reports for USAID and other program deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- Direct experience managing and executing youth development activities for donor-funded programs in Jamaica;
- At least 5 years’ experience coordinating with governments, ministries and/or local NGOs, as well as local communities, for design and implementation of development activities engaging youth, including addressing capacity weaknesses as needed;
- Oral and written fluency in English;
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff;
- Jamaican nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may register online through FHI 360's Career Center at www.fhi360.org/careercenter or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org . Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.