Alianza de Futbol & LeadDog Marketing Group
Alianza de Futbol is presently the largest Hispanic soccer program in the United States. Created in 2004 by BRC Group, “Alianza” attracts more than 25,000 players and 200,000 event attendees annually. More importantly, it has evolved into much more than a soccer program. With a mission to provide opportunities to Hispanic soccer players around the country that they don’t otherwise have access to, Alianza seeks to provide professional soccer opportunities for players to advance their playing careers and to educate players and their families about college recruiting, scholarships and admissions.
In 2012, BRC Group and The Alianza de Futbol program became part of LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., a full-service integrated marketing agency with services all under one roof including: experiential marketing, strategic partnerships, design/branding, strategic communications, digital/interactive, social media strategy, and sweepstakes/contests. With our combined forces, we are looking forward to taking “Alianza” to the next level and continue to change lives in powerful ways.
Alianza de Futbol – Program Director Role
The success of Alianza’s live events rests largely on the Program Director’s ability to plan effectively, communicate efficiently, manage a team, and manage budgets accurately to ensure deadlines are being met. This role is expected to lead a team responsible for the production, marketing and operations of a national Hispanic soccer tour. Alianza’s events include a series of soccer tournaments, tryouts for professional and college teams, player appearances, clinics and other initiatives. Alianza is the largest soccer program dedicated to Hispanics presently touring the USA. The Program Director will supervise and advise Brand Strategy and Marketing, Programming and Activations, Tournament staff and directly oversee all operational elements of the program. This role reports directly to members of Senior Management.
- Manage a team dedicated to production and execution of Alianza de Futbol program (in 11 cities and possibly more) and establish communication protocol & operating procedures for all program aspects including but not limited to marketing, operations, vendor procurement and client servicing.
- Develop, maintain and implement a timeline and accountability system that ensures long term planning and effective event management and execution
- Engage with people in a variety of positions including local soccer promoters, vendors and executives at major US brands as well as manage obligations to local and national sponsors
- Determine and coordinate the efficient use of resources, internal staff, event staff and/or contractors
- Assign and supervise staff roles and responsibilities, schedules, task assignments, and equipment allocations
- Develop programming activations and oversee the overall participant and spectator experience (from client servicing to tournament management)Ensure effective collaboration and integration of various LeadDog support teams including public relations, creative, digital, partnerships and business development
- Source venues, vendors and service partners
- Coordinate vendors and shipping of event properties between warehouses, venues and headquarters on a timely and cost-effective basis
- Tournament management (communication with local soccer competition staff, registration collection, accountability of fees, competition rules and regulations and, event reconciliations) Work with communications staff to ensure advertising and promotional campaigns effectively reach target audience and events receive optimal media coverage
- Delivery of sponsor benefits, recaps and accounting
- Manage A/P and A/R elements to ensure that vendors are paid in a timely manner and sponsors pay in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement cost control measures to ensure budget compliance and work with finance dept. to prepare monthly budget updates
- Post event briefings, analysis, staff evaluation and budget recaps; measure performance against department’s budgets
- Contribute to and execute strategy for long-range development of Alianza de Futbol program. Develop annual program goals, budgets and objectives
Preferred Skills - We take pride in the work we do. In doing so, it is important for all our team members to embody characteristics of the LeadDog Way. This is not so much a tangible set of guidelines as it is a mindset or philosophy, guided by the principles for which we want our company represented: the highest quality client service, building true partnerships with our clients, building on the experience of our team and of our history, balancing life and work, respecting fellow LeadDoggers, creativity, passion, leadership and teamwork.
- A minimum of 10+ years of prior event management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Strong motivator and developer of people and passions
- Knowledge and experience in planning, development, and execution of multi-faceted sports events, soccer preferably
- Knowledge of the Hispanic market a plus as well as multicultural teamsDemonstrates proactive leadership
- Approaches work with dedication and passion
- Thinks strategically and big picture
- Is consistent in communication and shows attention to detail
- Focuses on creating value
- Strives for greatness every day
- Never settles…never
Monster - 12 months ago