Our company culture fosters teamwork, guest service and individual accountability. We deliver the best service to every customer, every time- the driving philosophy of our business. We want our hotels to be the best and we want our guests to be satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the best talent available and provide a competitive benefits package which includes after first 90 days for full time associates: * medical, dental & vision insurance * Paid Time Off- PTO * Flexible Spending Accounts (medical & dependant care) * company-paid basic Life Insurance * company-paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment * company paid Short-Term Disability * company-paid Long-Term Disability * 401 (k) Plan *Exceptional hotel discounts under Davidson Hotels and Starwood Properties NO EMAIL REPLIES!
- Food/Beverage Service Worker Permit, where applicable. *Six months to one year serving experience preferred. *Read, write and speak English fluently. *Meet minimum age requirement of jurisdiction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees. *No employee will pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others. *Meet service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction; respond to guest questions or problems in a timely, professional manner. *Meet the hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, attendance, and punctuality; report to work and return from breaks on time; give advance notice when absence is anticipated; require typical amount of supervision; accept work assignments without complaints.
- Accept opportunities to learn new skills, improve performance or cross-train for other hotel positions; solve routine problems that occur on the job; ask questions when not sure how to complete something; learn new skills as quickly as most others in the same job. *Follow the hotel's recommended safety, security and emergency procedures; follows hotel procedures for key control, lifting heavy objects and/or using chemicals; reports potential security risks and hazardous conditions to management. *Prepare and arrange food or drinks that are attractive and appetizing to the guests; receives few complaints about the food served; inspect food being served; meet service standards. *Stock according to service standards; inspect to ensure stock is adequate before beginning functions; know what items are not available to guests; re-stock the self-service areas as food and beverages are consumed to prevent shortages; replace and rotate stock correctly; keep table condiments stocked during service functions.
www.davidsonhotels.com and click on careers, then opportunities, the HYATT MIAMI AT THE BLUE to complete your application. Davidson Hotel Company is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment background and job assessment required. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V If you are ready to take your career to the next level and join a renowned and contemporary management company, we invite you to apply online for our part - time restaurant server career opportunities.
Hotel Overview: Escape to Doral, just 20 minutes west of downtown Miami. Golf fanatics, spa lovers and foodies alike will find just what they're looking for at Miami's newest all-suite property, Hyatt Miami at The Blue. Overlooking a world-famous PGA championship golf course, our Miami boutique hotel sits on 17 spacious acres and boasts a free-standing clubhouse and amenities galore. Go ahead, indulge yourself.
Sunbathe on the pool deck. Pamper your senses at the private spa and gym. Savor al fresco dining in the Florida sunshine at the pool bar. Retreat back to your room, where all of our spacious suites feature full kitchens.
When the sun goes down, head to 5300 Chop House and Lounge, our in-house restaurant and bar. Our Miami luxury hotel is characterized by resort-style living and matched by extraordinary personal service. Hyatt Miami at The Blue is a once in a lifetime experience. In partnership with the Hyatt Hotels, Davidson Hotel Company manages the Hyatt Miami at the Blue.
Pre-employment background and job assessment required. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
- Complete side work to include preparing garnishes, stocking cold areas with cream and butter, filling and stocking salt/pepper shakers, separating linen, etc. *Display basic knowledge of cocktail and wine service. *Display knowledge of food preparation. *Displays knowledge of special and standard menu items and their ingredients.
- Keep work areas clean and organized. *Operate computer in prescribed manner for recording orders, prices and ticket totals. *Receive and serve meal orders. *Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Display knowledge of correct accounting procedures. *Act as Busperson as required. *Attend required meetings. *Stock areas with linen, glassware, silver.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training. NO EMAIL REPLIES! If you are interested in joining our great team, please go to: www.davidsonhotels.com and click on careers, then opportunities, the HYATT MIAMI AT THE BLUE To complete your application. Davidson Hotel Company is a drug free workplace.