Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Qualify and monitor accounts submitted for and already in the Administrative Wage Garnishment (AWG) process.
- Locating and qualifying accounts for AWG process.
- Contacting employers, skip tracing , and reviewing account notes for due diligence requirements, navigating and working on the Department of Education Sub-system.
- Contacting employers to ensure garnishment orders are received and processed.
- Reviewing collector submissions to approve or deny AWG eligibility.
- Processing correspondence from employers and borrowers.
- Light filing and assisting the with collector questions on the AWG process.
- Demonstrates attention to detail. Writes clearly and informatively
- Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Treats people with respect. Maintains confidentiality.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Bilingual a plus
- High School Diploma or GED
- Intermediate Level - Word and Excel
- Must be able to work 40+ hours a week
- Able to obtain and maintain eligibility for state collection licenses/registrations
- Able to obtain and maintain federal government security clearance for employment for a public trust or sensitive position
- NO DEFAULTED STUDENT LOANS
Physical Skills and Abilities:
• Hand dexterity
• Able to talk and hear
• Occasionally required to stand or walk and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Employee works in an office environment. Employee sits at a desk during regularly scheduled work hours; answers and makes telephone calls using a standard telephone; types on a standard keyboard; reads and comprehends information from a computer terminal and/or written resources. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
***Job duties are not limited to what is stated on this document and can change at any time***
In compliance with the Federal and State contracts all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination based on race, religious creed, ancestry, color, national origin, mental and physical disability, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, and medical condition. CTi complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodation for eligible applicants to perform essential functions. Furthermore, CTi takes Affirmative Action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are special disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.