Posted by : Children's Memorial Hospital ( Employer Profile )
Posted date : Jan-10-11
Location : Chicago
General Summary of Position Responsibility:
The Project Coordinator - Health and Early Childhood will coordinate the Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children’s (CLOCC’s) activities related to increasing breastfeeding among women in Chicago as supported by the Communities Putting Prevention to Work (CPPW) project sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). This position will be the primary liaison between CPPW project staff and external partners working to increase the number of Chicago hospitals who receive the official “Baby-Friendly Hospital” (BFH) designation from the World Health Organization. This staff person will coordinate the efforts of key community agencies and organizations working on BFH approaches. Strategies will include advocacy with local hospital administrations, physicians and other care providers, patient populations, and community-based organizations. Media and partnerships with neighborhood organizations in which key hospitals are located may also be employed. This position will coordinate with Cook County’s CPPW breastfeeding initiative, which focuses on county hospitals. Activities will build upon current CLOCC and partner initiatives.
Project Duration: This position is funded by the CDC Communities Putting Prevention to Work program, a 24 month funded project term housed within the Consortium to Lower Obesity in Chicago Children (CLOCC) at Children’s Memorial Hospital.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Serve as a liaison between CLOCC staff, subcontractors, CLOCC’s Breastfeeding Working Group shared with the Cook County CPPW project, Chicago clinicians and hospitals executing policy-change projects, and other members of the CLOCC network and planning team to ensure successful and timely implementation of policy and advocacy objectives related to Chicago Baby-Friendly initiatives; maintain day-to-day relationships; and coordinate frequent and effective communication with these entities.
2. Oversee CPPW subcontracts related to Baby-Friendly initiatives and facilitate regular meetings.
3. Provide implementing partners with technical assistance related to Baby-Friendly interventions, including, but not limited to: cultivation and maintenance of coalitions that include key stakeholders to assist with advocacy objectives; provision of in-person visits, education, trainings, or workshops related to effective and sustainable strategies or practices for improving the breastfeeding promotion landscape; and appropriate follow-up and coordination of efforts with regional, county, and state initiatives.
4. Collaborate with existing partners to identify additional local organizations for possible partnerships to assist in Baby-Friendly policy initiatives and advocacy efforts; initiate links with other related work in Chicago that is not formally connected to CPPW and/or CLOCC.
5. Develop and present materials to subcontractors, clinicians, hospitals, and community-based organizations to raise awareness and support for Baby-Friendly policy and advocacy objectives.
6. Perform tasks in support of day-to-day project operations , such as tracking workflow, reviewing materials and outputs, and providing routine administrative support.
7. Participate in project meetings and prepare reports as needed.
NPO.net - 3 years ago