We the people of Kaiser Permanente believe in the endless pursuit of excellence, and in health and well-being for all. At Kaiser Permanente Mid-Atlantic States, we've built our culture on communication, teamwork, and respect. From our financial professionals and IT team members to our RNs and physicians on the front line of care-we work together to support each other's goals and promote a balance between work and life. And we do it all in a dynamic landscape. From the excitement of our nation's capital to the scenic coastlines of Maryland and Virginia, the Mid-Atlantic area offers plenty of year-round activity, making it the perfect place for you and your family to call home. Join us.
Provides quality patient care for post-operative patients, in accordance with nursing Philosophy and approved standards.
- Performs w/in the established standard of post-anesthesia and critical care nursing.
- Utilizes the Standard of care in the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of the surgical patient in the delivery of post-operative nursing care.
- Formulates care plans based on individual assessment of physiologic functions & problems identified pre-operatively & intra-operatively.
- Provides nursing care Utilizing Clinical knowledge & expertise, reacting immediately to adverse physiological changes w/in seconds, to reverse and revive the patients physiological functions.
- Renders nursing care following aseptic techniques.
- Assembles & communicates appropriate information in verbal or written reports in order to maintain continuity of Care.
- Executes proper use of equipment & supplies used in Recovery Room area.
- Participates in the Surgery Departments Quality Assurance Program.
- Promotes personal & professional growth by actively participating in continuing education programs.
- Participates in the professionalism of the Operating Room by showing Courtesy, compassion respect & adherence to the standards.
- Assumes other related duties as directed.
- 2 years current recovery room or critical care experience required.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Current RN licensure in appropriate jurisdiction required.
- CPR required.
- ACLS certification required.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
Primary Location: Virginia-Falls Church-Falls Church Medical Center 201 N. Washington St.
- Certification in IV insertion and therapy preferred.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Working Hours Start: Varies
Working Hours End: Varies
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: UFCW - Local 400
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Perioperative / Amb Surg
Public Department Name: Endoscopy
washingtonpost.com - 13 months ago
Can a single organization change the future of health care? At Kaiser Permanente, we think so. America's leading nonprofit integrated health...