The Accountant fulfill s an integral transactional and reporting function in the Finance department of SoftwareOne. This role touches all aspects of accounting from Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control, Cash Management, Sales Tax Reporting, Monthly Account Reconciliations, Credit Analysis, Payroll and other special projects as needed. This position will report to the Accounting Manager .
Provide support for the daily, weekly and monthly accounting functions. Provide financial information for the organization by maintaining and reconciling general ledger accounts. Provide support to the Accounting Manager, the accounting team and the Finance Director.
Roles and Responsibilities :
o Accounts receivable – assisting with daily invoicing ;
- M aintain the general ledger accounts by monitoring journal entry preparation; preparing monthly accruals and entries and reconciling accounts monthly.
- Responsibilities may include:
o Accounts payable – reconciling vendors cards & Microsoft reconciliations;
o Cash planning – cash collection and deposits, cash posting, cash budgeting, cash payments ;
o Inventory control – tracking of inventory for shipments, receipts & returns ;
o Sales tax reporting – preparation of sales tax reporting for multiple states ;
o Payroll function – working in ADP on payroll process, posting payroll entries .
- Maintain controls over accounting transactions.
- Complete special projects giving insightful analysis when needed.
- Complete internal audits of transactions as necessary.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Research domestic and international tax issues as necessary.
- Protect the company’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Three to five years of experience.
- Self-starter, organized, attention to detail, deadline oriented , hands-on .
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment .
- Worked with ERP system in the past – Navision a plus.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or comparable . CPA or working toward a CPA is a plus.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as I nternational F inancial R eporting S tandards .
- MS Office experience required including extensive Excel knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills .
Monster - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard