This position is responsible for centrally managing the CVS program for Mars Petcare US.
The CVS Central Program Manager leads the Mars Petcare North America (MPCNA) CVS process and standardization within manufacturing, supporting all MPCNA sites in achieving successful project implementation. This position will manage and drive development and effective implementation of a broad range of projects, systems, processes and programs for CVS, and will report directly to the Mars Petcare Technical Director. This position also acts as a liaison between the Project Engineers, Site CVS Managers, Site Managers, and Site Operations Manufacturing Support Managers. This role requires strong communication, interpersonal and team building skills as well as planning and project management skills in order to foster engagement within the Supply community to support MPCNA objectives.
Key responsibilities areas for this position will include the following:
Mission Critical Competencies
- Develop best practices and implement MPCNA CVS program
- Coordinate work with Global counterparts to ensure best practice consistency
- Develop and implement CVS training programs to be used in Mars University
- Develop, implement, and manage the processes for a structured and systematic approach to project implementation and start up
- Provide coaching, process improvement, and act as a liaison for the project engineers, the site CVS manager and the site leadership team
- Provide CVS input to new activities in BRN
- Work with Sites, Engineers, and S&F to develop and manage the central CVS budget
- Collaborate with MPC site CVS leaders to co-develop learning programs and team engagement that will ensure successful Site CVS program implementation and sustainability
- Act as systems functional expert when partnering with cross functional departments to implement CVS programs
- Develop, implement and maintain CVS knowledge centers (wiki / sharepoint) for documents
- Develop CVS KPI’s
- Track MPCNA CVS program effectiveness for all Sites and projects and develop communication tool
- Develop and maintain CVS Best Practice manual
- Act as central contact and liaison for compliance related activities (ex. e-verify, QMP, SES audits)
- Actively participate in organizational alignment related to CVS staffing
- Manage special projects as required
- Develop CVS community of experts and coordinate activities, including training, information sharing, communications, best practice sharing, etc.)
- Facilitate CVS training as needed
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%to MPCNA sites as needed
- Process and Project management
- Influencing without Authority
- Action Oriented
- Creates Collaborative Relationships
- Conflict Management
- Integrity and Trust
3-5 years CVS, project management type function, and/or in a specialist role with focus on continuous improvement and project management. Manufacturing experience at MPCNA plants required. Experience across multiple segments (Dry, Wet, C&T) preferred.
BS degree in science or business related field or 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment with project management / CVS experience for a major or complicated process.
Decision Making Authority and Impact
- Lead CVS program management and integration on projects across MPCNA
- Design CVS processes – Impact: systematic approach to project start up, cross functional engagement
- Design communication and training programs – Impact: business OGSM’S associate alignment to business goals and objectives
- Design associate record keeping systems – Impact: legal compliance and efficiency
- Influence manufacturing leadership including VP’s, Directors, and Site Managers.
- This position will be responsible for making recommendations to the Engineering Director, Supply Leadership Team, S&F and Site Managers
- This position will influence ways of working for all of MPC
- This position will influence the Site CVS development and ways of working
Mars - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...