PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL) is a leading global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered in Ohio, USA, PolyOne has operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia as well as joint ventures in North America and South America. PolyOne serves more than 10,000 customers across the globe and offers more than 35,000 polymer solutions. The company has more than 4,000 employees worldwide located in more than 40 manufacturing and warehouse facilities, over a dozen labs and technical centers, and sales and service locations on four continents.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about PolyOne visit www.polyone.com .
General Summary: Position is responsible for the set up and operation of equipment which blends/mixes/ packages/transports liquid or dry chemicals that comprise our customer products. Position ensures the highest quality product at the lowest possible costs while meeting customer specifications and delivery requirements in accordance with PolyOne Corporation policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets up, starts and runs all machinery, checking all controls for adherence to operating/ safety procedures and ISO standards.
- Weighs ingredients to meet recipe specification and inserts into machinery, or ensures the correct ingredients are delivered to the work area and inserts pre-blended materials into machinery.
- Monitors production and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation. Troubleshoots equipment and processing issues.
- Operates machinery to mix, extrude/discharge or handle materials according to operating procedures.
- Examines materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
- May take samples of materials to lab for evaluation and instructions on any batch adjustments if needed.
- Refers issues/problems to Production Lead or Production/Shift Supervisor for disposition.
- Performs all required machine cleaning.
- Completes and maintains all required system inputs/transactions. Responsible for data integrity.
- Documents work completed as required including logs, data reports, procedures, etc.
- Participates in training, retraining and continual improvement processes and methods.
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED – Completed
- 1-2 years manufacturing experience
- Problem solving techniques
- Computer Skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and/or hear. Occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally handle up to 250 pounds. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses and shoes, dust mask, hard hat, respirator, face shield, hearing protection, chemical suit, gloves, aprons, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with the exception of high noise areas. Proper personal safety equipment needs to be used while performing this job and that equipment is dictated by the plant safety guidelines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, and risk of electric shock, vibration, non-hazardous chemical agents and outside weather conditions. Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
To submit your resume and salary history you must apply to http://careers.polyone.com
PolyOne Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.