US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a IT Asset Management Analyst 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Chester, VA.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) Program, which is a 10 year, $2B program, responsible for providing end-to-end IT Infrastructure to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages the administration of IT asset inventory, asset management processes and ensures adherence to established IT Asset Management processes to ensure compliance across the enterprise.
- Creates and manages enterprise wide asset management systems and serves as liaison to the Finance and Technical/Functional IT departments as it relates to the tracking, disposal and general administration of IT property.
- Provides support to the Finance department by providing asset information and managing the physical inventory control.
- Coordinates with IT Procurement on receipt of purchase orders, invoice processing and reconciles changes in inventory with both financial and functional service towers
- Ensures program, corporate and legal guidelines are followed for managing IT hardware and software assets.
- Responsible for the evaluation and implementation of asset management systems for all IT technical assets.
- Defines and maintains requirements for asset acquisition and procedures to include management and disposal strategies for the enterprise.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
If applicable, must be able to pass fingerprint background check, and obtain and maintain security accesses for state agencies being supported.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Management or a related discipline
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 4 years relative experience
- 2+ years' experience working with database technology including MS Access, formation of SQL queries
- 2+ years' or proficiency in the use of MS Office applications and use of pivot tables to perform data analysis.
- Must be a team player, proactive, and possess excellent problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Be able to think strategically, act tactically and deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate with stakeholders at different levels within the organization, which includes senior management, operations, personnel, and partners
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or financial-related field preferred
- Experience with Altiris, HP Asset Center and related asset management toolsets
- Experience in performing financial and risk analysis
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...