YP is seeking an experienced, highly skilled "Captivate 6" eLearning instructional design professional to develop and execute a training & assessment strategy, curriculum, and implementation plan for a developed set of proprietary sales applications and sales techniques. The individual that assumes the responsibilities of an instructional designer must administer, organize and conduct numerous train-the-trainer sessions. This position often requires a lead role in the development and design of new training courses, monitoring of results through assessments and coaching and maintaining records of training program effectiveness. Interaction with other functional organizations to develop specifications for the content of training courses while analyzing situations and data all factor into the scope of the instructional designer. Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develops and executes training strategy with input from requirements sessions/documentation, collaborative planning sessions and testing documentation.
- Prepares instructor-led virtual, elearning, and distance learning training materials for a full system deployment.
- Facilitates train-the-trainer sessions with peers in preparation for full training deployment.
- Writes comprehensive system help and user documentation.
- Supports user acceptance testing, along with selected user group, of functional modules as they are released into the training environments; documents problems discovered in testing through a controlled reporting process.
- Communicates with product team and architects to ensure release notes are understood and translates them into training material for all relevant groups.
- Develops training for end users who are located throughout the continental U.S. on process and functionality.
- Incorporates scenario-based training into the curriculum.
- Maintains knowledge of the most effective training techniques including distance learning.
- Instructional Designer conceptualizes, designs, and creates training materials, including leader-led, blended or self-paced e-learning training courses and curriculums. These include training objectives, outlines, guides, manuals, quizzes, tests, accelerated learning activities, and associated collateral.
- A thorough understanding of the concepts and principles behind effective e-learning training is required.
- Develops training for new-hires and existing employees in various functionalities, sales processes and systems of the business. To fulfill the responsibilities as a trainer, the trainer conducts pre-training analyses to determine and validate training needs, determines the curriculums to be trained, and determines the training delivery methods.
- Updates and modifies training materials as industry standards, processes and procedures fluctuate by consulting with various members of management, product and with subject matter experts as required.
- Maintains individual trainee training records
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited College or University
- 3+ years of corporate training experience
- "Captivate 6" eLearning training and development experience
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training may be considered.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize and multi-task
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on MS PowerPoint & Word
- Experience with application testing
- Knowledge of internet advertising, SEM and SEO is preferred
- Proficient in SharePoint, HTML5, CyberU, Salesforce.com
- Experience using Call Center ticketing and/or CRM workflow solution
- Multimedia/graphic/internet design experience is preferred
YP - 2 years ago