In concert with the Central Services team, the UWHC Surgical Services Supply Clerk (SSSC) - Associate is responsible for the effective and efficient resupply of requested supplies, equipment, and linen in a large and complex university hospital operating room. Employees at this level receive training in ordering essential medical and surgical supplies; ensuring that all emergency carts are complete; maintaining the sterile core; facilitating the exchange of gas cylinders; resupplying pharmacy items; and delivering of patient medical equipment. Work is performed under the guidance of supervisors, lead workers, and more experienced staff.
Incumbent performs his/her job demonstrating technical ability, understanding of job expectations and compliance with organizational policies and procedures. The incumbent performs all tasks assigned by their supervisor or lead worker as well as the following job responsibilities as part of the Central Services team:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Six months experience in a supply, distribution, or materials management work setting.
3. Excellent communication, customer service, human relations and interpersonal skills.
4. Effective oral and written communications skills.
5. Knowledge of and ability to use computers and a variety of computer programs including word processing, database management and spreadsheets.
6. Basic mathematical ability.
7. Basic reading skills.
8. Ability to follow instructions.
9. Ability to keep accurate records.
10. Attention to detail.
11. Basic judgment and logic skills.
12. Knowledge of and ability to follow safety principles.
13. Knowledge of the calendar.
14. Ability to differentiate colors.
Multiple Posting Levels
This position is being posted at multiple levels. Selection would be based on seniority as follows: the candidate with the highest seniority across all levels will be selected unless the candidate at the higher level has special skills and abilities required for the position.
This is a Represented position and falls into Pay Grade D. The salary range begins at $12.19 per hour. Education, experience, tenure and internal equity may be taken into consideration when job offers are extended.
6:00am to 2:30pm, Monday through Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
This position is in the "WSEU" Benefits package. UWHC employees enjoy competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package.
While every attempt has been made to provide up-to-date, accurate information, the legal documents, policies, and contracts will prevail in the event of any discrepancy. The above information applies to regular (Permanent) employees.
- Vacation (14 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Holidays (9 days)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Sick Leave (13 days/year)// (pro-rated for part-time employees)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement (covered in the Wisconsin Retirement system on day 1)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Worker's Compensation
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERS)
For addition information, please look on the uwhealth.org website in the careers section.
Contact Julie Jacobson for more information at JJacobson2@uwhealth.org or at 608-265-6672.
Who We Are...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics is a 566 bed facility that ranks among the finest academic medical centers in the United States. Frequently cited in publications listing the nation's best health care providers, UW Hospital and Clinics is recognized as a national leader in fields such as cancer treatment, pediatrics, ophthalmology, surgical specialties and organ transplantation.
UW Hospital and Clinics offers:
How to Apply
- More than 900 active medical staff and more than 80 outpatient clinics.
- Six intensive care units (trauma and life support, pediatric, cardiac, cardiothoracic, burn, neurosurgery) with 83 total beds .
- Nine satellite locations .
- One of only two organizations in Wisconsin with designated level One Adult and Pediatric trauma centers.
Please use the "Apply Now" button found at the top and bottom of this page.
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics - 17 months ago