As an Assistant Fund Controller/Lead Senior Accountant, you will assist with the review and coverage for daily and periodic accounting responsibilities, including determining the daily net asset value of one or more mutual funds in the American Funds family.
Other responsibilities include:
Our environment is collaborative. Along with working with your own team, you can expect to work with other groups to enhance work processes and improve overall service delivered to our internal and external client groups. In addition, you'll be a resource to your team, to peers and to other business groups by answering questions, sharing opinions and perspectives, and participating on special projects.
- Analyze accounting and investment impacts to general ledger and tax reporting
- Review bank reconciliations, as well as cash and income projections
- Review fund financial reports, including annual and semi-annual reports, SEC filings and Board of Directors' reports
- Assist in assessing, training, and developing associates
- Coordinate special projects
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, finance or a related function
- Flexibility to work additional hours as needed during peak business periods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, especially in Excel
- Demonstrate an exceptional standard of quality: this involves accuracy, attention to detail, organization and self review skills, thoughtful analysis and problem-solving, and accountability for excellent results
- General knowledge of mutual funds or experience in the investment management industry a plus, but not required
- CPA or MBA a plus, but not required
- GAAP and SEC reporting experience a plus, but not required
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...