JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
Planner is responsible for planning all work activities, determining their relative task sequence, defining resource and personnel requirements, identifying spare parts, materials, tools and services for each step within a work order to ensure the safe and timely execution of work. Planner responsibilities also support Continuous Improvement of future work plans and Job Plans.
Planner is responsible for the following in support of planning related activities:
- Conduct job/field walk-downs with area authority (AA), performing authorities (PA) and craft(s) to establish an accurate task/material list
- Identify discrete, sequenced tasks with task duration at the craft level required to safely and efficiently execute work
- Develop work plans with information necessary to allow efficient scheduling, assignment, contingency planning and execution of work
- Identify permits that may be required, support (HITRA), ensure tasks and materials required to support HITRA and Control of Work (COW) are identified and procured on the Work Order (WO)
- Act as site single point contact for all Planning related issues. This will involve technical assistance to other Plant Maintenance/Process personnel and external bodies (including legislative bodies).
- Provide technical interface to Vendor engineers to maintain systems and rectify site related issues as appropriate.
- As the facility CMMS/Maximo ‘super-user’, functions as the single point of contact for work management process and software concerns.
- Collaborate with other craft/functional planners on multi-craft activities
- Verify and assemble the Work Packs which include the work order, piping and instrumentation drawings (P&IDs), pictures, vendor information and other material and documentation as necessary
- Work closely with the Site and Function Scheduler and act as the Specific Point Of Contact between the work management system (WMS) and activity planning (AP) processes, accountable for ensuring that planning gates are met prior to progressing the work order to waiting schedule.
- Work closely with, but not limited to, the Material Coordinator and Engineering to ensure material and engineering requirements are considered
- Support Operations and Maintenance Team Lead (O&M TL) in planning, estimating, and communications on emergency repairs as needed
- Process work order (WO) by priority in a manner consistent with the Work Management (WM) process
- (WMS) Program Management Planning
- Feedback to Material Coordinator requests for Item Master creation or amendments
- Maintain a job plan library of both asset specific and generic plans with proper naming conventions as directed.
- Frequently used Plans will be fully planned and loaded. The Job Plan Library will include preventative maintenance (PM), Inspection, Calibration, Breakdown, and Corrective Job Plans.
- Continually add to, and update the job plan library with lessons learned.
- Work closely with Maintenance Team Lead, discipline engineer (equipment advocate) to ensure Job Plans are complete and accurate
- Seek out and evaluate job feedback to improve Job Plans preventative, breakdown and corrective work
- Administer the PM program (Locations, Assets, Job Plans, Routes, PMs)
- Develop Job Plans
- Develop PMs
- Develop Routes
- Level Loading
- Conduct Backlog Management
Review outstanding and in-process WO’s to screen out unjustified work
- Maintain a manageable quantity of forward work
- Realistically assess work that is not going to get done
- Determine status of jobs within each backlog
- Prioritize planning activity (corrective & breakdown)
- Select jobs for developing work packs
- Backlog reports by discipline as directed
- Backlog scrubbing as directed
- Facilitate daily WO validation and Backlog Review meetings
- Attend and participate in meetings as requested
- Monitor Planning metrics/Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Develop action plans to improve metrics/KPI’s
- Support budget reviews/development
Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working with outside contractors.
- Strong skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong Skills with a work management software package (Portal/G, Maximo, SAP)
- Advanced computer skills
We Encourage you to apply now using the button below.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in a maintenance or planning role with 2 years of experience working at facility as a Maintenance/Function TL or in a planning role -OR- ten years of experience working as a Maintenance/Function TL role or in a complex planning role (including but not limited to TAR. Major Project, or Plant Maintenance) with zero years of experience working at Company in a maintenance or planning capacity
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password
Back to Search Results