Plant Jobs with Possibilities,
Opportunities & Rewards
Consider the possibilities of a career with SGS Petroleum Service Corporation. Above-average earnings potential, pay-as-you-train programs and the support of a team of top-notch industry professionals — these rewards are all yours for the taking when you join the SGS-PSC family. We're looking for hard-working, dedicated people interested in the following plant jobs:
- Rail Switchmen
- Chemical Loaders
RAILCAR SWITCHMAN : 1 to 2 years experience switching preferred! Must be able to work outside under all extreme weather conditions at all times. Requires continuous physical work. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a continuous bases and climb ladders throughout the work shift. Switchmen oversee the transporting of tank cars and railcars throughout plant operation. The following activities are conducted during this process:
(3) Man Crews: Switchman, Locomotive Driver, and Foreman ( Leadman )
- Throwing Switches
- Setting Hand Brakes
- Coupling/Uncoupling Cars
- Document Weight of Railcars
- Constant Radio Communication
CHEMICAL LOADERS: 1 to 2 years experience switching preferred! Must be able to work outside under all extreme weather conditions at all times. Requires continuous physical work. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a continuous bases and climb ladders throughout the work shift. Chemical Loaders oversee the transfer, loading, and unloading of chemicals throughout plant operation. The following activities are conducted during this process:
- Insure that truck/railcar is positioned at proper loading rack.
- Visually inspect the railcar or truck to be involved in the upcoming transfer in order to ensure that the vessel is mechanically sound and there is no defective equipment before loading or unloading.
- Connect loading arm/hose
- Check vessel for last product contained
- Load railcar/truck according to loading instructions using gauges and/or strapping tables.
- Must be 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Speak fluent English
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Able to work rotating shifts
- Stable job history with good references from past employers
- Must pass a drug screen and be able to perform the essential functions of the job
- Valid driver's license is required
- First-year starting salary range of $27,000 to $40,000
- Group medical, dental and life insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Long-term disability insurance
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Advancement opportunities
Founded in 1952, SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is the oldest and largest tankerman service in the country, responsible for the safe loading and unloading of approximately 35,000 barges annually. We also operate more than 50 marine dock facilities and provide a variety of in-plant product handling services. Our customers include major oil refiners, chemical companies, terminal operators and barge lines.
SGS Petroleum Service Corporation is a member of the SGS Group, the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company .
For more information, please apply today @ http://plantjobs.info/applyforajob.html
S GS Petroleum Service Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Monster - 12 months ago