PeaceHealth is looking for an outstanding CERTIFIED NURSES ASSISTANT to join our team! This is a PART TIME, day shift position.
Assists professional nursing personnel in providing quality, compassionate patient care by performing tasks involving direct and indirect patient care, using skills and knowledge in basic nursing assistant procedures and techniques under direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
- Assist in providing direct patient care as delegated by the Registered Nurse within the scope of the CNA licensure.
- Perform basic technical skills which may include: CPR; taking and recording vital signs; measuring and recording fluid intake/output; applying dressings; recognizing and reporting signs and symptoms of common diseases or conditions; administering treatments as directed by a physician or nurse.
- Assist patient with personal care which may include: bathing; mouth and skin care; grooming and dressing; toileting assistance; eating and hydration.
- Provide patients with help walking, exercising, and moving in and out of bed.
- Maintain unit supplies by stocking patient rooms and supply areas to meet patient care needs.
- Documents relevant patient care data
- May provide clerical support to the unit; doing order entry, chart processing, answering telephones, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Acute Care program required.
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Current Certified Nursing Assistant certification level as required by state or facility. Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- Demonstrates a courteous, caring, and understanding attitude towards patients, families, co-workers, visitors, volunteers, peers, and physicians
- Must be well organized, flexible and able to function effectively and independently as assigned.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer, clerical, phone etiquette and customer service skills
To learn more about PeaceHealth, please visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn !
Please see above.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and...