The Department of Sports Facilities is responsible for the management of all sports facilities at Montana State University including the Brick Breeden Fieldhouse, Bobcat Stadium, Hoseaus Fitness Center, Shroyer Gymnasium and the Bobcat Tennis Center. These facilities are multi-purpose and meet the varied needs of the campus and the community. The department provides services for Athletics, Intramurals and Recreation, and Health and Human Development, as well as hosting many events/concerts that come to campus.
Under direction of the Custodial Supervisor, the Custodian II is a working custodian who provides lead worker supervision to four Custodian I's. Primary work area is the Hoseaus Fitness Center and may be reassigned as needed in order to maintain the cleanliness of all facilities. Lead worker duties include: assisting with training of employees; conducting area inspections and reviews; verbally addressing performance problems while reporting up any issues to the Custodial Supervisor for further disciplinary actions; and maintaining work equipment and supply inventory. Custodial duties include: scrubbing, mopping, washing, sealing, disinfecting and polishing hard surface floors; vacuuming and shampooing carpeted floors; dusting and polishing furniture; washing windows and mirrors; polishing bathroom and shower fixtures; emptying trash receptacles to dumpsters; replacing light bulbs and fluorescent tubes; moving small fitness equipment; handling commercial (industrial) cleaning chemicals; moving supplies up and down stairs; preparations for and cleaning up after special events; maintaining good communication channels with supervisors and coworkers and performing related duties as required.
Please respond to EACH required and preferred qualification listed below by summarizing how your work experience and training relates to each of them. Specific examples should be included to aid the search committee in evaluating your qualifications.
1. High school graduation or G.E.D. plus at least two years of full-time commercial and/or industrial custodial work or a combination of relevant education and experience.
2. Describe or list the custodial equipment you have used including any certifications you have.
3. Describe or list commercial cleaning products and chemicals you have used.
4. Describe your knowledge of safety procedures utilized in a custodial position including any certifications or classes you have completed.
5. Describe your experience providing excellent customer service to a variety of individuals. Please list specific examples of clientele and service provided.
1. Describe any graveyard/nighttime shift experience you have.
2. Describe your experience enforcing building and security regulations.
3. Describe your experience with special event preparations and/or clean up.
4. Describe your experience working as a supervisor or lead worker.
The successful candidate will also have the ability to : effectively and efficiently perform the above duties listed; effectively operate work related equipment; exhibit excellent customer service; effectively communicate with co-workers and clientele; adapt to changing priorities; successfully organize and prioritize daily duties; accurately follow standard instructions and procedures; work effectively with minimal supervision; correctly follow instructions; work successfully solely or in a team environment; establish and maintain effective working relations with co-workers and the public; represent the department to others in a professional and courteous manner.
1. In accordance with MSU policy, hiring will be conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
2. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and move items such as stacking chairs, folding tables, setting up portable stages, carrying floor sealer, etc up and down stairs.
3. Must be able to walk up and down stairs; go up and down step ladder; stand for extended periods of time; and grip handles on cleaning equipment.
4. Custodian will have exposure to cleaning solutions.
**Shift is normally Sunday - Thursday, 9:30pm to 6:00am. Must be able to substitute for other graveyard/nighttime shifts as the department event scheduled changes.
Screening of applications will begin on January 14, 2013, and will continue until a suitable candidate is hired.
To apply, please submit the following application materials:
The MSU Application Cover Sheet. Download the MSU Application Cover Sheet and pertinent application information by clicking here MSU Classified Employment Application .
Written responses to the Required and Preferred qualifications listed above.
Employment History or Resume
At least three (3) supervisory/professional references with contact information (most recent/current supervisor preferred.
Electronic submissions in Word or PDF are highly preferred but hard copies will be accepted. An original signature on the MSU Application Cover Sheet is required via scanned PDF, fax, or hardcopy original to the address below. Submit materials to: Kerri Marx Montana State University Auxiliary Services - Miller Dining Hall P.O. Box 172080 Bozeman, MT 59717-2080 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please e-mail or call Search Committee Contact at 406-994-6468 with any questions. Fax: 406-994-6488
In order to receive Veterans Preference during the application review process, it is highly recommended that the required forms are included at the time you submit your application materials. Click here for the forms and information regarding Veterans Preference. Important note: Your preference form is submitted to a different location than your application materials. A DD214 is not a required document.
Montana State University - 18 months ago
Founded in 1893, Montana State University - Bozeman has a national and international reputation for its excellence in undergraduate and...