In this role, you will be part of a high performing SE overlay team that will be responsible for driving the success of NetBackup deduplication and appliance business in the Americas geo.
As a Systems Engineer in an overlay function, you will be the subject matter expert on Symantec’s data protection product portfolio, specifically, NetBackup, PureDisk, and the emerging NetBackup appliance solutions. You will be responsible for providing pre-sales support for selling Symantec’s NetBackup deduplication and appliance solutions to existing and potential customers in your assigned territory.
You will act in the capacity of a trusted advisor to customers and will utilize your excellent technical and relationship building skills in working with Symantec sales teams and partners to ensure that optimum solutions are provided to customers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Identify customer’s data protection needs and recommend appropriate Symantec solutions
- Proactively assist in identification of potential sales opportunities in assigned territories thus helping to generate and maintain a revenue pipeline.
- Deliver high level and deeper product presentations to audiences ranging from backup admins to Directors/VPs
- Work with account teams to respond to RFPs
- Lead product demos and proof of concepts (POCs) and influence customer’s technical requirements
- Attending customer calls with the Sales Representative.
- Utilize Symantec sales processes to develop account plans in partnership with the sales team.
- Provide technical consultation and disseminate product information to the sales team.
- Mentor other SE’s within the organization and provide training for the sales community.
- This position may require travel throughout an assigned region, and may call for travel with little advance notice.
In-depth knowledge of either Windows or UNIX Operating Systems and be working toward attaining knowledge of the other.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- 8-12 years experience in systems administration, pre-sales or related field.
- Must be recognized as a subject matter expert in the area of data protection and information management with the ability to architect end to end data protection strategies for customers.
- Direct hands-on experience with VERITAS information management products such as NetBackup, PureDisk, Backup Exec, and Symantec E-mail Archiving Solutions.
- Proficient System Administration skills in one or more of the following: High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Recovery concepts, NAS and SAN Certifications a plus. Experience with storage hardware configuration such as servers, storage array and tape drive libraries. Clustering/replication technologies, disk and tape backup methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to relate to a wide range of technical staff and managers in customer environments.
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed in order work successfully with prospects, customers, and cross functional teams to meet performance goals
- Ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Previous vendor and or pre-sales Systems Engineering experience a plus
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...