Langan has an opening for a Geotechnical Engineer with 2 to 4 years of related experience at our Elmwood Park, NJ office. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects primarily in the heavy civil and retail/warehouse markets. You will assist with the preparation of technical reports, specifications, plans, designing foundations, retaining walls, and other geotechnical aspects of construction. Candidate must be able to perform field inspections of geotechnical and foundation projects. Possession of a strong technical education, professional demeanor, and desire to learn is essential to this position.
- Master degree in Geotechnical Engineering;
- FE/EIT certification preferred;
- 2 to 4 years of related geotechnical experience;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Ideally will have client interaction experience and ability to become a seller/doer;
- Field experience with construction monitoring is desired especially in the New Jersey/ New York;
- Candidates must be able to spend at least 50% of working hours in the field;
- Possess reliable transportation to access job sites and a valid driver’s license in good standing; and,
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends.
Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm and has been recognized as one of CE News Best Civil Engineering Firms to Work For. Langan offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad.
We provide our staff with the opportunity to direct their own career path. If you are a highly motivated self starter, we can offer you challenge, responsibility, and an environment to grow your career!
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k) with company match; educational reimbursement; extensive training; and much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc. - 9 months ago