This position is responsible to develop and lead Intermountain’s Advisory Services programs and maximize the value of Intermountain advisory services provided to external parties. This includes building the infrastructure for the program and managing processes and standards used to identify opportunities for offering services and materials to commercial companies, including treatment of intellectual property, and capture value that result from consulting and information sharing relationships. This position acts as front-line for coordinating incoming calls / requests for a broad spectrum on Intermountain intellectual property, including: educational materials, clinical feedback, non-clinical trial research studies, etc.
- Creates, builds and establishes a for-profit advisory services mission and vision for existing and future Intermountain advisory services activities
- Conceives builds and executes umbrella strategy for advisory services for Intermountain Healthcare and all affiliated entities
- Creates a cohesive strategy for advisory services, consistent with Intermountain values and validated by market need
- Builds operational / legal structure, business plan and financial model(s)
- Identifies, coordinates and manages transactions on services, programs and materials that are currently offered for free by various departments across Intermountain or where there may be fees but they are inconsistent or inappropriate
- Builds a for-profit advisory services brand, leveraging Intermountain’s existing reputation and expertise
- Organizes appropriate governance aligned with overall Business Development
- Builds support among key internal stakeholders across the organization
- Identifies and productizes new opportunities to grow the services capabilities to capture new markets and enhance Intermountain’s delivery model in this segment
- Clearly articulates leadership for current activities, scope of activities to date, risk profiles for existing activities, etc.
- Develops discreet business models for the current activities that have a consistent approach to business planning, execution, pricing, etc.
- Manages the portfolio of created businesses, providing business operations expertise and oversight and reporting on the activities
- Scales the advisory services business model appropriately as guided by Business Development and Management.
- Responsible to develop and manage necessary infrastructure to establish and build Intermountain advisory services.
- Acts as front-line for coordinating incoming calls / requests for a broad spectrum on Intermountain intellectual property, including: educational materials, clinical feedback, non-clinical trial research studies, etc.
- Establishes consistent processes and standards for offering services and materials to commercial companies, including treatment of intellectual property.
- Master's degree in business or business-related field; Education is verified and degree must be obtained through an accredited institution
- Ten years of experience working in advisory services, either as a consultant in an advisory services organization or as a member of a corporate initiatives or strategy group or similar
- Experience in a role requiring an understanding of healthcare delivery networks, similar to Intermountain, including an understanding of the types of intellectual property that are under consideration for commercialization through a fee-for-service business model
- Experience in a role requiring the demonstration of the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with non-business types, engage external clients, and develop relationships of trust with employees at all levels of the organization
- Must possess very strong organizational skills to maintain a large and dynamic portfolio of projects and meet deadlines without strong management oversight
- Experience in a role requiring confidence and comfort operating in environments with some ambiguity, as advisory services is a new venue for Intermountain Healthcare
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity
- Minimum of 2 years in top-tier management consulting organization
- Experience in a role requiring a substantial knowledge of Intermountain’s operations and associated application to an advisory services business model
- A working knowledge of Intermountain’s structure and key stakeholders
- A track record of success in conceiving, building and growing business ventures
- Hands-on experience in start-up entities
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare - 23 months ago
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...