Under general direction of the Manager of Compensation & HR Systems, assist in the administration of College compensation programs. Areas of responsibility include job evaluation and analysis, wage/salary administration, survey participation, job description review and development, and administration of all pay information for full-time faculty, professionals and administrators.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
*(DENOTES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
*1. Conduct position evaluation, review and analysis. Evaluate duties and determine proper classification. Recommend salary ranges using the Hay Job Evaluation system for Classified and Managerial positions as required.
*2. Consult with supervisors regarding job descriptions to assist with writing new job descriptions or revision of existing job descriptions.
3. Evaluate positions for proper classification and status within FLSA regulations and make recommendations.
*4. Conduct market pricing and salary studies to ensure internally equitable and externally competitive compensation. Develop, conduct and participate in surveys. Analyze results and make recommendations.
5. Assist with market study conducted internally for all classified and managerial positions.
6. Maintain job family listing for all classified and managerial positions.
*7. Compute all full-time faculty, professional and administrator salaries including pro-rations, overloads, independent studies and proficiencies. Maintain records containing detailed information pertaining to these groups. Track range change information.
8. Responsible for creation, tracking and collection of signed contracts for full-time faculty, professionals and administrators.
*9. Calculate faculty assignments and overloads that must be figured manually.
10. Assist with finalizing all computer generated faculty assignments and verification of information to ensure accuracy of pay. Work in conjunction with Compensation Specialist II to ensure faculty assignments are processed in a timely and efficient manner each term.
11. Update educational degrees by faculty, professionals and administrators for information posted in on-line catalog.
12. Research and resolve sensitive and confidential compensation issues and assists the HR team in responses to customers, emphasizing excellent customer service.
13. Investigate and resolve all inquiries from employees regarding pay including over and under payments, deductions, system errors and account budgeting.
14. Assist with the maintenance and updates of all formal salary structures.
15. Manage content and updates to the Compensation section of the Human Resource website.
16. Participate in compensation projects. Prepare reports and recommendations in support of initiatives.
*17. Follow new state and federal legislation concerning personnel law.
*18. Perform salary placements for all employees in coordination with Manager and recruiting area ensuring consistency.
*19. Participate on various institutional committees as assigned.
20. Partner with payroll as appropriate in administration of pay.
21. Other related duties as assigned.
Received by Employee:
Manager, Compensation and HR Systems.
Exercised by Employee:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Above plus Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification(s).
Minimum three (3) years progressive experience in compensation with at least two (2) years of experience performing position evaluation, review and analysis. Proficiency in written and spoken English. Proficient in math, Excel and demonstrated analytical abilities.
Four (4) plus years Human Resources experience. Knowledge and experience using the Hay Job Evaluation system. Human resource experience in a higher education setting.
EQUIPMENT AND/OR MACHINES USED:
Datatel Colleague, Business Objects, MS Office software including Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, Outlook and Visio.
General office environment.
College of DuPage - 21 months ago