Provides a variety of routine and non-routine accounting, as well as administrative support to the controller, enabling delivery of timely and accurate financial statements and accounting services to key stakeholders.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
• Monthly general ledger closing process via preparation of accounting journal entries, performing basic analysis of accounts and accruals, and posting journal entries into the system
• Prepares monthly reconciliation for assigned accounts including research, preparing any correcting entries for approval, and posting
• Perform accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports
• Monthly reporting, quarterly taxes, fiscal year end processing and financial report preparation
• Manage miscellaneous invoicing and cash receipts
• Manage capital project reviews and preparation, asset capitalization, idle asset reporting and the physical inventory of fixed assets
• Prepare documentation for any tax audits and implement process changes to comply with regulations
• Backup Payroll function as needed
• Prepare audit work papers and respond to audit requests
• Manage reporting for key performance measures
• Participate in the development and administration of the department’s budget
• Promote alignment to the department’s mission, values, vision and goals
• Anticipate and analyze trends, developments and issues in the industry and recommend changes in direction as needed
• Perform other special projects and tasks as needed
Qualifications – Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
• Minimum 3-5 years general accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Strong PC skills especially in spreadsheet applications
• GP Dynamics knowledge preferred or experience with a major ERP system.
• Ability to adapt to changing work environment/responsibilities.
• Effective interpersonal and team skills.
• Exceptional attention to detail and accounting accuracy.
• Must be a self-starter and enjoys hands on responsibilities, with a mind geared towards process improvements.
• Ability to meet deadlines and able to handle a high volume of various tasks.
• Ability to work independently under general supervision
Qualifications – Preferred:
Travel Required? No
Simpson - 22 months ago
Founded in 1890, Simpson is one of the oldest, continuously operating forest products companies in the Pacific Northwest. Today, Simpson...