Take your first steps towards an exciting career! Join an innovative global organization where you can use your talents to the fullest! HAWORTH - a family owned company that values diversity and inclusion. A global leader in the sustainable design and manufacture of organic workspaces. We are leaders in office furniture and architectural interiors. Join a company that values innovation, sustainability, and you!
We are currently looking for Product Designer to work in our Conover, NC facility.
Develops designs for new products and revises designs for existing products, meeting established quality and performance standards, by applying basic engineering principles. Documents, or oversees documentation of, new or revised design. Applies machine operating skills and knowledge of materials and processes to fabricate models and working prototype parts and assemblies for new and improved products.
More about the Job
- Requires current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to frequently lift material and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 200 pounds (assistance given with heavier objects).
- Requires job seeker to be able to work in Conover, NC without relocation assistance.
- Associates degree in Engineering design field and four years related experience, including CAD or PC design experience.
- Certificate of completion of four-year apprenticeship program in tool and die making, patternmaking, model making, and Four years related experience, including CAD or PC design experience.
- Seven years job-specific work experience, including CAD or PC design experience.
- Must have knowledge of engineering practices and manufacturing processes.
- Must be knowledgeable of and have ability to read blueprints to American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting practices, including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GDT).
- Ability to conceptualize multidimensional models on CAD or PC.
To be considered for this position the job seeker must meet all of the above requirement; the following qualification is a plus:
- Parametric-based systems CAD or PC design experience preferred.
Haworth - 19 months ago