DePaul University, the nation’s largest Catholic University, is a private, urban institution with 6 campuses and more than 275 undergraduate and graduate degree programs. The University’s faculty, students and staff represent a wide range of ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds.
The Events Planner will report to the Associate Director of Employer Relations and will plan, host and evaluate job and internship fairs, as well as support the production of all networking events each academic year. The Events Planner will be responsible for all event logistics; including marketing, invoicing, employer recruitment, calendar planning, securing space and communicating with venue staff, catering, student/alumni usage tracking, event set-up and producing detailed event reports. This position will build and maintain strategic partnerships with employers, internal departments and other resources in order to connect students and alumni with a variety of high quality employment opportunities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Job & Internship Fair Program (planning, marketing, venue set-up, program creation, invoicing, hosting, staffing, answering questions about job and internship fairs from students, alumni and employers, etc).
- Analyze event feedback and apply it to future planning.
- Build and maintain relationships through employer meetings, networking with recruiters, student groups and alumni, partnering with departments, negotiating with vendors and venue management.
- Supervise, recruit, retain, train and provide professional development for interns, including goal setting/project design, mentoring and conducting performance appraisals.
- Support Networking Event Programs by assisting with event set-up and hosting.
- Provide logistical support to event leads and intern and review event programs.
- Manage 2 student employees.
- Recruit, train, guide, motivate and retain student employees and assess whether the student is at the assistant or intern level and adjust role and responsibilities accordingly.
- Research vendors for event related purchases (thank you gifts, table/chair rental, table covers, etc.).
- Manage the pricing, invoicing, collection, depositing and tracking of all job fair employer fees.
- Make cost conscious decisions about all event related purchases (catering, programs, venue fees, etc).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two or more years project management and/or event planning experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software.
- Knowledge of experience network/experience.com or similar Internet-based employment databases.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several events/projects concurrently.
- Must be able to work evenings approximately 2-3 times per month and approximately 2-3 Saturdays per year.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and move boxes up to 25 pounds on the day of each fair.
- Ability to transport materials up to 25 pounds between campuses and venues for all networking events and fairs.
Are you interested in joining our team of talented, motivated employees and helping DePaul serve its students and communities around the world? If so, go to www.depaul.edu and select “Employment” at the top of the page to submit your cover letter and résumé online for this and other jobs. Please reference job number .
- Experience working in a University setting.
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
idealist.org - 2 years ago