Job Title: Senior ERP Systems Analyst, Workforce Technology & Analytics
Job ID: 31063
Business Unit: HRSRV
Full/Part Time: Full-Time (40 hours)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, or a related subject and 5 years experience in HRIS or similar role.
An HR Senior Systems Analyst evaluates how well the company's HR system supports short- and long-term corporate objectives while suggesting methods for improvement and increasing efficiency. The analyst is responsible for researching, designing, implementing,
and maintaining HRIS solutions, as well as training employees on changes in HR systems and/or processes. This position is responsible for providing advanced analysis and documentation, formulating logical statements of business and management problems, and providing solutions to problems utilizing more efficient operational procedure, work flow, and information technology solutions for institutional activities.
Department Marketing Statement
UTMB Health is seeking a Senior ERP Analyst to join the HR Workforce Technology and Analytics Team. This person would be responsible for improving critical human capital processes through effective enterprise solutions, including but not limited to:
ERP/Technology Implementations, HR Business Process Redesign, and HR Shared Services.
This position would also support the high level design, build / development, testing, roll out, training and change management activities associated with implemented new HR business processes and systems on an enterprise scale. Additionally, the Senior Analyst will provide intermediate to advanced analysis and documentation of existing workforce-related administrative procedures and recommend alternative procedures for improvement of work flow, either manual or automated, maximizing productivity and controlling costs.
Essential to this role would be experience working with organizations on identifying business problems such as data quality or process inefficiencies, breaking them down, and assisting the organization with finding and implementing technology-enabled solutions. Equally important would be functional application experience with PeopleSoft HCM, including better practice, technology-enabled process design.
The successful Senior Analyst will collaborate closely with HR, IS and other Business and Finance Leaders to drive completion of deliverables which will enable a successful, accelerated transition to new business processes & systems. These deliverables include: defined business process flows, activity and role mapping documentation, functional specifications, deployment planning/execution activities related to business process transformation and technology initiatives, and support of training and communications resources.
Commensurate with experience
This position is a Band Code: CS24.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Develops functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements.
- Continuously seek out, share and implement best practices through a collaborative approach.
- Strong understanding of HR business processes and experience supporting HR functional areas.
- Ability to self-manage, manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and manage time with minimal supervision.
- Experience in defining, designing, and presenting outcome focused solutions is required.
- May act as an internal consultant within technology and business groups by using quality tools and process definition/improvement to re-engineer technical processes for greater efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain issues lists, action items, project statuses, business process flow diagrams, communication plans, training plans, etc. associated with the assigned projects.
- Identifying business performance and alternate metrics.
- Performs analysis of findings, forecasting and trends using statistical analysis, modeling, process documentation etc.
- Responds to requests for specific, customized reports, utilizing tools as SAS, Access, SQL, Hyperion, Business Objects, Crystal, XML Publisher, ImageNow, Excel, etc.
- Identifies client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Use strong change and project management skills to lead/drive execution of projects focused on: communicating significant changes, facilitating the assignment of employees to defined business roles, and executing workshops with deployment Business Units to drive change acceptance.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with client personnel to identify required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to development team.
- Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training required by us.
- Leads internal teams/task forces.
- Facilitates effective team interaction.
- Acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively.
- Business Process Reengineering
- Project Management /Systems Management Methodology
- Prior medium to large project participation.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to coordinate multiple projects with an attention to detail.
- Strong technical writing capabilities.
- Strong Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio skills.
- Strong relational database design experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate up and down.
- Must be self-motivated and self-sufficient.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The University of Texas Medical Branch - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard