ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB :
20% PRE - AWARD
• Assist Divisional Research Coordinators with the preparation of budgets and justifications for applications and RFP responses; screen all industry-sponsored proposals for fiscal viability; assist faculty in negotiations with sponsors.
• Prepare applications to a broad range of sponsors, i.e., government, private foundations, industry, etc.
• Prepare and process internal pre-award forms and documents.
• Develop rapport with key staff to facilitate internal processing within sponsor deadlines.
40% POST - AWARD
• Oversee appropriate administration of research grants and contracts awarded; assure funds are spent in a fiscally responsible fashion.
• Review, process and approve requests to purchase and other expenditures; insure allowable and allocable charges per OMB circular A-21 and other applicable sponsor guidelines.
• Maintain research space and equipment inventory; respond to requests for information and analysis.
• Administer and monitor extramural research activities such as VA IPAs, subcontracts, and the like.
• Manage budget for research administration staff; manage indirect revenues and expenses.
• Assure timely reporting and billing to sponsors; assure timely close-out of accounts.
• Assist PI’s with non-competitive renewals.
25% REPORTING AND COMMUNICATING
• Maintain internal grant database for preparation of financial reports to Principal Investigators, Chiefs and Department administration.
• Responsible to reconcile ledgers on each active grants & contracts back to the internal database.
• Provide administrative support to principal investigators.
• Educate involved parties regarding the terms, conditions and status of award portfolio.
• Assist the community in complying with sponsor requirements regarding pre- and post-award management. Maintains and reconciles ledgers on research grants.
10% OTHER RESTRICTED FUND MANAGEMENT
• Manage all restricted funds including foundation and gift accounts
• Handle budgeting and revenue/expense monitoring through the year; assure funds are spent in accordance with donor’s wishes
5% HUMAN RESOURCES – RESEARCH RELATED
• Facilitate personnel matters related to research as needed.
• Ensures availability of funds for new positions and appropriate payroll distributions and effort reporting
A high school diploma and seven years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
University of Florida - 9 months ago