Over the past 30 years, DISH has built a talented group of leaders and support teams at its corporate headquarters in Englewood, Colorado. As the company continues to develop, offering new products and services to an increasing customer base, it looks to recruit outstanding candidates capable to turning ideas and strategies into world-class results.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Join our team of highly technical professionals implementing and maintaining enterprise storage arrays along with backup and recovery products. The position is responsible for daily storage admin, data backup, and SAN connectivity duties. Application and database performance troubleshooting are also part of the day to day opportunities with SAN attached Oracle database servers, Middleware servers, and VMWare servers. Database production to non-production refresh for enterprise code releases is another normal storage admin responsibility.
Primary responsibilities fall into the following categories:
Skills - Experience and Requirements:
- Responsible for all aspects of managing our Storage Area Network (SAN) and Backup environments, including: but not limited to, installation, monitoring, provisioning, backup & recovery, and tuning
- Work effectively with teams across various teams/customers of BAS (Backup and Storage) services
- Methodical troubleshooting, clear communications, and attention to detail are essential traits for achieving success in this role
- Diverse platform experience preferable, but in-depth knowledge of EMC, Brocade, Symantec, and NetApp are required
- Thin provisioning, data de-duplication, replication/snapshot services, encryption are all highly desired experience
- Moderate levels of experience in the following Operating systems required; Windows 2003/ 2008, HP-UX 11.23/11.31, Solaris 9/10
A successful Storage Admin will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; or two years related experience and/or training; and one plus years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in SAN management and with storage troubleshooting
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Server, UNIX, HP-UX, Red Hat and/or Solaris
- Experience with Symantec NetBackup, tape libraries, tape encryption, VTL (Data Domain) and with EMC (Clariion, DMX/Symm, VMAX if possible)
- Virtual Tape Libraries experience for backup and recovery effectiveness
- Strong experience with NetApp from NAS (network area storage) solutions and Brocade SAN switches
DISH - 19 months ago
Real Opportunity. Everyday
DISH Network L.L.C (Nasdaq: DISH), is the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the leader in...