Our client is the world's leading enterprise social networking service. They are building out new datacenters to power our explosive growth, while at the same time striving to build reliable services. If you are an expert in distributed, highly concurrent, web-scale systems that are fault-tolerant and run 24x7 with unparalleled availability. If you are a talented NOC Engineer and you thrive on managing and maintaining a reliable environment that others can depend on. This position has a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Taking charge of outages, leading the calls until they are resolved, and making sure the root cause has been found and fixed.
- Creating alerting solutions to detect issues before our customers do, fixing them automatically if possible, and if not, contacting the right people as quickly as possible.
- Proactively going after problems detected by our client's monitoring infrastructure.
In today’s job market, “who you know” matters more than ever – and that’s why you should get to know Volt. We’re one of the world’s largest recruiting companies, yet our success is built one successful placement at a time. Each of our recruiters has niche industry expertise, committed to connecting top talent with respected companies.
Through Volt's Military Heroes Program, Volt secures the talents of American's veterans and encourages their dependents and spouses to contact Volt. Volt is a member of the Military Spouse Employment Partnership and is proud to support the Wounded Warrior Project.
For more opportunities, connect with us online at volt.com/NorCal.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
Scripting skills in one or more of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, or equivalent interpreted language.
Great communication skills, both verbal and written
In-depth experience operating a 24x7 production environment
Fluent in Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu
Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause, and drive resolution You may even have these skills:
- Familiarity with large-scale systems and methodologies
- Direct experience with CDN technologies and methodologies
- Network design and troubleshooting experience
Volt Workforce Solutions - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Volt Workforce Solutions is one of the world’s leading staffing and workforce management companies, connecting qualified, motivated...