Provide technical support to approximately 400 end users, maintain and upgrade hardware/software to minimize downtime. Creates, modifies and manages system access for users, including Agents and Policy holders.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- Provides technical support to over 350 users located in Miami and approximately 50 Service Centers staff regarding hardware, software, and network related problems, averaging 35 calls/emails a day.
- Manages and assist Remote Terminal Users connection through VPN, installs and configures Voice over IP phones and install/test network cable lines.
- Provides specialized user support services including the timely diagnosis and resolution of problems and malfunctions in computer applications.
- Researches and evaluates computer and network software and hardware to determine their utility.
- Creates, modified and manage systems accesses to Emails account, Imaging, Life, AMIGOS.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs Local Area Networks, repairs computer equipment (PCs, printers, scanners, etc.)
- Assists in optimizing computer and network performance.
- Provides after-hour support for Doctors on-call or Coordinators in system; is on call 24hours a day/7days a week.
- Identifies problem sources to resolve hardware and software failures and malfunctions.
- Creates purchase orders for all company’s electronics and seminars.
- Documents problems relating to hardware, software, and networks, resolving them independently or referring them to appropriate staff or outside vendors as needed.
- Participates in training and retraining of users as required.
- Performs setup and installation of computers, networks, peripherals, and software for users.
- Prepares hardware, software, and procedural documentation.
- Supports Videoconferencing and Teleconference session used by Managers and Directors.
- Works cooperatively with other department staff in assisting and resolving user technical problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of technological advances in computers and peripheral equipment, software, operating systems, and networks.
- Administer Roaming profiles on the new site for approximately 100 Associates in Active Directory.
- Assumes some of the functions of the Senior Systems Engineer’s in the Team Leader’s absence.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships with all contacted in the performance of required duties.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Team Leader or IT Director.
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- 4 year college degree required preferably in Computer Sciences and 2-4 years of experience related area.
- 8-10 years experience in information technology and Job related certification.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Bilingual English /Spanish read and write
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to work independently but harmoniously within a team.
- Good problem solving and decision making skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility, creativity and ability to identify and present solutions.
- Ability to work various shifts (After-Hours & Weekends) to meet user needs.
- Ability to lift computer equipment using safety procedures and equipment.
Utilizes experience and knowledge to identify and accurately evaluate and resolve issues effectively to minimize down time. Consults with Senior Systems Engineer to recommend options and obtain input in selecting optimal solutions for the business needs.
Bupa - 13 months ago
BUPA is the UK market leader in health and care with a strong international presence. It has 8 million customers in 180 countries and 42,000...