Embedded LINUX Software Developer
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team in Orlando, FL as a Software Developer / Senior Engineer to develop SW compliant with the Live Training Transformation (LT2) over-arching architecture.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop, refactor, debug and unit test new software products or major enhancements to existing software
• Design and develop multithreaded applications in C/C++.
• Utilize cross compiler toolchains to develop application software for an ARM Linux environment
• Develop software applications that interface embedded device hardware components such as GPIOs, LEDs, buttons, etc.
• Develop software that interfaces to other embedded applications via RS232 serial communications protocol (eg. Tactical Engagement Simulation Systems (TESS))
• Participate in the development of software documentation, to include design artifacts, user manuals and interface specifications.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include:
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
1. Must possess a Bachelor's of Science Degree.
2. Must possess a minimum of 9 years of direct related experience.
. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
4. Must have experience designing, developing, troubleshooting software on an embedded Linux platform.
5. Must have strong C programming skills – designing, developing and testing user applications and kernel drivers.
6. Must possess experience developing for and deploying to an ARM-based single board computer (SBC).
7. Must have experience working with Cross Compiler Toolchains.
8. Must have a strong background working with and developing multi-threaded applications.
9. Must have a strong background working with and developing low level (TCP/UDP/IP) network applications
10. Must have strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
11. Must possess excellent Object Orient Design and Programming skills.
12. Must have knowledge of SQL and experience working with and optimizing MySQL and SQLite databases.
13. Must have experience working with ClearCase, ClearQuest, Subversion and JIRA.
14. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
15. Must have the ability to work independently, as well as cooperate with others in team efforts.
1. An Active Secret Clearance
2. Demonstrated system and operational knowledge on an LT2 program
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 18 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...