Currently our Hagatna, Guam office has a job opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join the office. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a large program management project which will involve multiple assignments and task orders. Candidate will work with and be mentored by strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff on various municipal water and wastewater treatment and water related infrastructure projects.
This person will provide support on a variety of engineering projects including water and wastewater treatment and infrastructure design projects. Specific duties may include the following:
- Provide support on a variety of environmental engineering projects
- Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water systems, storm water, pumping systems, piping systems, wastewater treatment systems, and water treatment systems.
- Prepare and review technical memoranda, reports, drawing, specifications, and miscellaneous contract documents and deliverables
- Supervise and coordinate the work of others on projects; ensure proper and timely execution on projects
- Help mentor junior level staff members
- Successfully manage and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Utilize internal project management tools and resources
- Provide marketing and technical support during the procurement and execution of key projects as requested
- Work with other team members to help build and lead the engineering business in the Pacific Area and West Region
- Participate in BC’s QA/QC process
- B.S. degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical or Environmental Engineering with an Environmental Engineering focus required; M.S. degree preferred
- Professional Engineering registration and the credentials to obtain registration in Guam in a timely manner is a plus.
- We are looking for an engineer with 5-10 years of increasingly-responsible experience in the design and construction of fast-tracked, design/build wastewater plant facilities, pumping stations, collection pipelines, and complex water systems.
- The candidate should have the ability to successfully manage clients and projects in a collaborative fashion and interface with Brown and Caldwell’s local, regional, and national water and wastewater practitioners as well as help mentor junior staff as applicable.
- Good technical skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts both visually and contextually are required
- Candidate should be versatile and interested in working on a variety projects supporting Engineering Services
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills required
- Candidate should be a self-starter, results-oriented and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Previous business development experience (writing winning proposals and successfully pursuing work) is a plus
- Candidate should have a valid passport and ability to live abroad
For more than 60 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry....