The Transportation Operations Support Associate |
is responsible for creating, implementing, and supporting NFI Transportation’s operational processes and "best practices". The candidate will be responsible for training at our field locations using documentation, interactive media via our LMS, and one-on-one interaction with both drivers and office-staff alike. The goal is to help assist our sites in meeting all business requirements, develop KPI reporting, promote operational "best practices", and provide value-add efficiencies to our operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Training office staff on NFI's order management and dispatch systems
- Training drivers on pick-up/delivery procedures and how to use on-board computers
- Managing project plans and task lists
- Creating and maintaining process & "best practice" documentation / defining office and paperwork processes
- New dedicated fleet start-up support
- Performing quality checks to make sure all critical areas of operations are being addressed
- Troubleshooting issues
- Ad-hoc reporting
Job Related & Physical Requirements:
- Ability to travel +75% with multi-week stays
- Basic PC knowledge; Windows XP or Windows 7
- Be proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- TMS / SCMS Experience is a plus (TMW, Innovative/ICC, McLeod)
- Transportation operations knowledge; CSA 2010, FMCSA, DOT & Hours-of-Service knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills-including strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent listening skills.
- Ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels
- Exceptional organization skills; Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be proactive and able to work independently; "Whatever it takes" attitude
- Lifting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals; Ability to get in/out/on/off of trucks and trailers
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills with the ability to quickly understand operational process, exceptions and business rules
- Strong project management skills
Experience, Education, and Training:
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years transportation experience; Dedicated Contract Carriage preferred
- Computer applications experience including MS Office and PC Miller strongly desired.
NFI Industries - 30+ days ago
NFI is a family of companies dedicated to serving the supply chain logistics industry. Founded in 1932, NFI has grown to become one of Ameri...