This position is responsible for the commercial success of a specified product line within Bard Access Systems. The Product Manager provides direction and planning for existing products, develops new product opportunities and ensures strong support of division sales activities. In addition to the above, they accomplish their job duties by interacting with International Business Centers (IBCs) and distributors.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment. Bard Access Systems is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
1. Build relationships with and know key customers/distributors and major buying groups.
2. Identify and quantify market and product opportunities.
3. Interface effectively with all involved disciplines.
4. Lead project teams indirectly or directly and contribute as a strong team member. Communicate with domestic sales force and global marketing entities (directly and through international marketing).
5. Communicate market trends to Division management and internal “teams.”
6. Develop and implement product marketing plans.
7. Long-term strategic planning.
8. Tactical planning and implementation.
9. Identify market needs and changes.
10. Forecast sales volume, monthly and long-term (18 months).
11. Budget administration (promotional and expense).
12. Profit and loss responsibility for product line.
13. Presentations to Sales, division management and others.
14. Identify and develop marketing programs, sales tools and promotions.
15. Assist in preparing a Business Plan.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Demonstrated leadership abilities.
2. High integrity.
3. An understanding of and ability to apply fundamental marketing concepts and techniques.
4. A thorough understanding of the vascular access marketplace.
5. Strong learning skills and intelligence.
6. Ability to work as a strong team contributor.
7. Excellent written and oral communications.
8. Ability to handle/accept diversity and ambiguity.
9. Proven or strong potential skills in coaching, developing and guiding others.
10. Competency with personal computers and spreadsheet/word processing software.
This position requires a BS/BA in Marketing or related field and five to seven years business experience with 1-3 years in a marketing role. An MBA and sales/marketing experience is preferred as well as experience in the health care/medical device industry. This position also requires demonstrated excellent human relation and communication skills.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
***Position title and level posted is preferred. However, we will consider hiring within these levels:
This position requires a BS/BA in Marketing or related field and six to eight years business experience with 3 to 5 years in a marketing role. Experience within the healthcare/medical device industry is also required. An MBA and sales experience is preferred. This position also requires demonstrated excellent human relation and communication skills.
C. R. Bard - 19 months ago
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...