The Manager of the MidMichigan Health System’s Health Sciences Library is responsible for library client research and technical services, and administrative oversight of the health sciences library at all MidMichigan Health affiliates. This position involves analyzing library clients’ needs to determine what information is appropriate and searching for, acquiring and providing the information. The Manager is also responsible for the acquisition, preparation, classification and circulation (including tracking and retrieving overdue books) of library materials so that library clients can easily locate them. Administrative oversight includes the management and planning of the library; negotiating contracts for services, materials and equipment; supervision of library employees; performing public relations and fundraising duties; preparing budgets and direct activities to ensure that the Library functions properly. This position also has an instructional role that includes training library clients to find and evaluate information, and supporting the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine’s Critical Appraisal and Analytic Medicine (CAAM) Core Competency course at the Midland Regional Campus and the Midland Family Medicine Residency.
· Master’s Degree in Library Science and a Credentialed member of MLA Academy of Health Information Professionals is required.
· Five (5) years recent experience managing an academic/medical Library preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills are required.
· Experience planning, developing and monitoring budgets and operational plans is required.
· Familiarity with health resources in print and electronic format.
· Experience with collection development, cataloging, classification and document delivery systems.
· Knowledge of Information Management Joint Commission standards as well as experience with quality and process improvement initiatives related to information access and delivery.
· Experience in developing cost containment initiatives, grant writing, developing policies and establishing program priorities.
MidMichigan Health - 2 years ago
MidMichigan Health is a non-profit health system, headquartered in Midland, Michigan, dedicated to providing quality, comprehensive health...