Smith Seckman Reid, Inc. is an employee-owned engineering design and facility consulting firm with 16 offices across the United States. We provide a wide spectrum of consulting services related to facility and infrastructure design, operation and management. We deliver services for facilities nationwide, including healthcare, education, science and technology, research, sports and entertainment, government, corrections, infrastructure, commercial and industrial clients. The strength of our SSR team is our people and the shared belief that our culture makes this an extremely rewarding place to work.
SSR is looking for a Piping/Industrial Mechanical Designer for our Memphis, TN office.
Under the Senior Designer I or Senior Designer II or Engineer, the Piping/Industrial Mechanical Designer prepares design drawings using electronic methods and maintains high quality standards, maintains communication with team members and clients, and performs on-site observations as needed. Will be responsible to produce PID, PFD, E&I drawings general arrangement and detail/fabrication drawings of pressure vessel, heat exchanger, storage tanks, piping isometric, piping transposition, pipe supports and skid structure, including preparation of skid package drawings. Will provide technical expertise for the specification, design, purchase, installation and commissioning of instrument and electrical systems.
The Industrial/ Piping Mechanical Designer will take responsible charge for and perform responsibilities on assigned projects which shall include but not be limited to:
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- Produce detailed layout based on general guidelines as set by a senior technical staff.
- Ensures that all drawings are prepared with accuracy, neatness and speed.
- Convert piping Engineering briefs and sketches into final designs.
- Identify the shortfall of information in the designs.
- Incorporate any shortfall into the design/drawing prior to submission for
- Check work and assisting in the training of less experienced drafting
- Communicates with team members, team leader, other disciplines, and outside vendors to obtain necessary information for drawings
- Assists the design team in the process of putting a set of drawings into an organized package.
- May assist in the data collection and/or field verification.
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
- A two-year course in engineering drafting/ CADD operation plus one year applicable experience, or three years applicable drafting experience.
- AutoCAD, Microstation, and Revit software
- Engineering theories and methodologies
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of basic math
Smith Seckman Reid - 17 months ago