Position Title Position Title " >Industrial Electrical Supervisor AutoReqId AutoReqId " >5003BR Job Function Job Function " >Fixed Maintenance Country USA Province/State Province/State " >Nevada Site / Office Site / Office " >Round Mountain Mine Operation Job Category Job Category " >Full Time Location Statement Location Statement " >Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,000 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
Kinross Round Mountain is an open pit mining operation located in Nye County, Nevada. Round Mountain is proud to have earned commendations for its safety and environmental initiatives. Job Description Job Summary
Under the general supervision of the General Foreman, supervises a crew of electricians for the purpose of maintaining power supply in a safe and efficient manner while continuously aligning daily functions to reflect Kinross’ values.
1. Assign crews to specific tasks in order to meet daily mine maintenance goals.
2. Application of electrical theory, application and latest technology for high-voltage equipment.
3. The ability to effectively manage the development electricians
4. Supervise crew activities during shifts to ensure safe and efficient accomplishment of assignments.
5. Develop crew skills to levels of maximum efficiency and safety.
6. Conduct effective safety meetings.
7. Constantly monitor crew activities to ensure efficient, safe operations.
8. Estimated travel based on current job requirements.
9. Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills.
10. Helps develop other department personnel to perform duties listed above.
11. Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality, and code of conduct.
12. Meets or exceeds established performance expectations set by management.
13. Consistently exercises discretion and judgment in job performance.
14. Works without risk or harm to self and others.
15. Punctuality and regular attendance required.
16. Perform other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
1. Associate in Electrical or Apprenticeship completion.
2. General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations.
3. Working knowledge and skill with P.C. utilizing work processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software.
4. Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
5. Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
6. Demonstrates strong administrative, organizational and technical writing skills
7. Ability to function within the qualifications outlined in the attached physical demands sheets.
8. Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by state agency, or must be able to pass driver competency course and exam.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
- Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations. · Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
- Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
- Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
Aligning behavior, decisions, and actions with Kinross values and principles Removal Date Removal Date " >07-Nov-2013
- Living the Kinross Values
Kinross - 14 months ago