Position Title: Flight Operations Dispatcher/Scheduler Coordinator
Requisition Number: 0101947
The Dispatcher in the Demonstration/Transportation Department is the main point of contact for the world-wide flight operations of Hawker Beechcraft Corporation. Dispatchers, working in a team environment, ensure that all part 91 regulatory and company policies are met prior to a flight being dispatched. Dispatchers are responsible for the coordination, scheduling and dispatching of crew and aircraft as requested from internal and external customers of the company. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilitiy required. Other duties may be assigned as needed by the Flight Operations Leadership Team.
- Maintaining and updating aircraft and crew schedules as far into the future as possible to ensure compliance with company and FAA regulations regarding currency, flight and duty times.
- Scheduling missions for corporate marketing, executive travel and customer support. Mission scheduling may include considering other lift alternatives .
- Coordinating use of charter services to meet company guidelines.
- Coordinating with outside aircraft services handlers for international flights as needed.
- Arranging catering services in accordance with company and passenger requirements.
- Coordinate and be a team lead on International Demo Tours.
- Coordinate and be a team lead for major event/air-show planning.
- Maintaining department records (including flight manifest, maintenance, insurance and personnel records) to ensure accurate reporting, currency and accounting issues. This includes the logging of all flight and duty time logs into CTA/FOS.
- Communicating aircraft availablitiy schedules to Sales by following priority systems, inviting participation from other departments, write meeting agendas, etc.
- Help document and refine standard operating procedures for dispatch.
- Anticipate and proactively take action to deal with future trip/dispatch events, situations and opportunities.
- Work effectively with internal and external customers as well peers, to provide a superior flight demonstration experience.
- Proactively understands and the customer (Internal/External) needs and responds with options to ensure all the needs are met.
- Uses communication skills to effectively convey information to internal and external customers.
- - Must be flexible to work varied work schedules including on-call duties.
International dispatching experience
Work well in a Flight Department team environment.
Problem solver with the ability to priortize, multi-task and work in stressful situations requiring immediate decisions.
Strong customer service orientation
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong understanding of CTA/FOS scheduling software
Familiar with Microsoft Office (Excel/Word/Power Point)
FAA Licensed Dispatcher
Extensive dispatching experience
Ability to think 3-dimensionally, maintaining a high level of situational awareness.
HS School education plus 2 years directly related experience or dispatching experience.
4 years college degree or 2 years of dispatching experience substitution for each year of college lacking.
Occasional travel required.
Hawker Beechcraft is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
**Apply Online at:
FastLane Hires, LLC - 4 years ago
Hawker Beechcraft prefers to keep its business up in the air. The company manufactures passenger planes and offers service and support for...